Eccos vs. Deer Stag shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Vref+10 said:
This the model that I currently have --> http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/548987/c/72.html

Well, I think you guys summed it up: The Ecco's will last longer than the Deer Stags. And being that I'm not a woman and hate shopping, I'd probably rather just pay the money once and not have to worry for a while.

These may be great shoes but, at $228, they're too expensive to be wearing on snow- and glycol-covered ramps during the "short" winter season here in the midwest. I'll stick to my Deer Stags - only $40 at JCPenney. They've been great and still wearing well after a year.

HMM

Here's something right between the $35 and $235 price point. I've had this pair for a yr and a half and they've been fantastic. I've also worn the bostonian, clarks, rockports and such. For comfort, quality and price (long term), the ecco's can't be beat in my opinion.

Here's another pair, slightly more than the first, but still less than $230. Haven't tried these, but I'm sure they're just as good, albeit more expensive.

I wear Cole Haans. The pair I have now is about 4 years old and they are very, very comfortable. I probably can't get much more life out of them, so 4 years is about max. They cost me about $100 at Dillards. I have had to re-heel them once at about two years. Mine are not airport friendly, but they do have friendly versions now. Rockports suck, I can wear them out in about 4 months. Deer Stags look like corrective shoes. Cole Haans look good and 4 years isn't bad for $100.

turning2 said:
Here's something right between the $35 and $235 price point. I've had this pair for a yr and a half and they've been fantastic. I've also worn the bostonian, clarks, rockports and such. For comfort, quality and price (long term), the ecco's can't be beat in my opinion.

That's the model that I have as well. I couldn't figure out where the $235 number was coming from. I got scared that the price went up. If people are comparing deer stags and ecco's, they probably aren't interested in a "trendy," expensive ecco model anyway.

Fate.

I like Ecco shoes and have been wearing them for the past four years. I used to wear Rockports, but they just didn;t hold up more than a year, and then I had to have 'em re-soled.

There is an Ecco outlet north of ATL, I am sure there are others, too, if you want to keep the price down. The most expensive pair I have ever bought (leather boots, Goretex lined) were $180.00, bought 'em on-line. Deer Stags look cheap, to me. If you guys like 'em, more power to ya.

If it is just the metal shank that bothers you . . . . I took an older pair of Eccos to a shoe repair place. The removed the shank in less than five minutes, and didn't even charge me anything. He just asked if he could keep the shank- (apparently. they have some value to him when he rebuilds shoes). Never noticed the shank being gone at all.

Rotsa Ruck, Hotstuff.

Ebay is the way to go for Ecco's. I went to the mall and tried on the pair and size that I liked, then went on Ebay and saved about $65. I've had my pair for about 2 1/2 years, worn in lots of nasty Northeast WX, and they still look great!

Dillard's sells Ecco brand shoes for $130. That Zappos.com price of $200+ is way out of line.

Deer stag = most comfortable shoe I have worn.

the problem being they only lasted 6 months on line..... still trying to find a comfortable shoe that will last longer then the 6 months.

Latest resources

Back