• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eastern Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bad idea to do Handling yourself. Do yourself a favor and use one of the big guys (Universal, Air Routing, Honeywell, Arinc). If I was touring on my own in my own little airplane, then OK no Handling. BUT, if this is your Company plane with your boss on board then use the resources available to you. If you enjoy looking like a fool in front of your boss, then go a head and do it all yourself.

I could elaborate, but that is the bottom line.

Agree 100%. Especially with the last sentence!

Great responses guys, thanks for the intel. I'm really looking forward to it! We're Marriott w************************* so it sounds like we'll be in luck.

Thanks again!

EDIT: I guess I can't say hors

If you have time in Krakow, visit Auschwitz and Birkenau. I did in 2003 and it's a place you'll never forget!!!

I can second walking shoes for Budapest. I was there last september, although I was staying in hostels, doing a budget solo trip of eastern europe. Hungarian (Magyar) is pretty well undecipherable, since it has nothing to do with wither Latin or Slavic languages. Words in that language look like a gibberish jumble of random letters.

The Hilton in Budapest (actually Buda) is next to the castle - somewhat touristy, but great location for sightseeing, lots of good restaurants, and if you have a gold hhonors card you get access to their exec lounge that has free(yes, free) booze and internet access.

+1 on East European women. The guys are dorky looking, but the babes are awesome. Weird.

Either dorky or a couple of steps removed from Cavemen. There is a reason why a lot of Russian and Bulgarian women refuse to date men from their own country.

American men actually have a pretty good reputation internationally. American women however...

Have my first trip to Europe coming up (will be in Salzburg as well)...to whom/where do you send the handling request?

When I was there a few months ago I used:

Salzburg Airport Services
+43 662 8580 261

Very nice people. If you would like to use a Handler then by all means use one. I myself just don't use one when operating in Europe. All the countries that you listed are part of the E.U. I usually clear into the E.U. in Shannon, or somewhere else in Western Europe. Once you do that you are clear. I have ARINC do all my flight planning, and they keep me informed of Flow Control, Slots and anyother routing changes from EuroControl in Brussles. If you need a better slot time you can call the Central Flow Management Unit (CFMU) in Brussels at +322 745 1901. They are usually pretty good at helping you out.
The only time that I use Universal in "Eastern" Europe is for Turkey, Moldovia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuanina. Because a govenment ministry has to approve an entry permit (usually requiring a day or more lead time).
My biggest piece of advice for you would be to file early. EuroControl requests that flight plans be filed at least 3 hours prior to departure and will accept flight plans up to 6 days in advance. A flight plan filed inside of 3 hours is not rejected, but smooth service is less likely to occur.
Like I said this is just how we do things in Europe. Fly safe and have fun!

Been to Prauge several times. The Czechs are easier to understand than the British. Airport is no problemo. Just fuel on arrival and give yourself a little extra time to get to the airplane. You will have to park on the closed runway about .5 miles from the terminal.

We always stayed at the Hilton. Great location and good steak house (by euro standards) in the lobby. The executive lounge on the top floor is one of the best I have ever been to. Only one I have ever been to that the hostess prepared us a traditional absenth with sugar ect. Not to mention she was hot, so that made the drink even better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back