Eastern Europe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILOVEBEER

Hey guys - I have an upcoming trip to Prague, Salzburg, Krakow, Budapest, Berlin. Any "gotcha's" I need to worry about? Things to do? Places to eat? Etc...

Thanks!

Zlaty Bazant

Zlaty Bazant "Golden Pheasant" Lager Beer. Great Pilsner! Great Czech or Slovak beer.

Budapest, if you get the chance stay at the Marriott on the Danube River. Great location and walking distance to castle across the river in Buda and many shops and bars in Pest, the Havana bar was a happening spot last summer.

Oh, yeah! Stay away from the Slivovica [sleevoveetsah] (plum brandy) it is not fit for man nor beast!:puke:

Last edited:
The Marriott downtown Berlin is a good location, short walk to Brandenburg gate, check point charlie and other sites. The restaurant in the hotel cooks up tasty steak too. Lots of history very close to the hotel. Excujet at EDDB has a pretty good rate for crews that stay there too.

Salzburg is an awesome place. Birthplace of Mozart. Nice village, and all in walking distance from about anywhere, except airport. Red Bull Flt dept. is based there and has a hangar that is truly brilliant. Museum, restaurant/bar all in one. Get a res. if you want to eat there.
Locals are great!
All mountains terrain to the south. Not a factor unless you have to circle. Even then...
Enjoy!

Prague and Budapest are two of my favorite cities. Its a coin-flip which is nicer. Take some good walking shoes because there is a ton of stuff to see in both places. Both places have beautiful women...most of them just need a good dentist.

I agree with all the comments above. All those cities are outstanding! I must admit that Salzburg is one of my favorite cities. The Marriott is within walking distance to most everything there. Many great places to eat in the heart of the old city. As said earlier Red Bull Hangar is a must! No need to use Universal or any of the other high dollar handlers. Just use an International Ack-u-Quick and blast off a Handling requset yourself. Save you a ton of money! Have a good time!

Have my first trip to Europe coming up (will be in Salzburg as well)...to whom/where do you send the handling request?

Have my first trip to Europe coming up (will be in Salzburg as well)...to whom/where do you send the handling request?

Bad idea to do Handling yourself. Do yourself a favor and use one of the big guys (Universal, Air Routing, Honeywell, Arinc). If I was touring on my own in my own little airplane, then OK no Handling. BUT, if this is your Company plane with your boss on board then use the resources available to you. If you enjoy looking like a fool in front of your boss, then go a head and do it all yourself.

I could elaborate, but that is the bottom line.

Bad idea to do Handling yourself. Do yourself a favor and use one of the big guys (Universal, Air Routing, Honeywell, Arinc). If I was touring on my own in my own little airplane, then OK no Handling. BUT, if this is your Company plane with your boss on board then use the resources available to you. If you enjoy looking like a fool in front of your boss, then go a head and do it all yourself.

I could elaborate, but that is the bottom line.

Sounds like good advice! If I was doing an intl trip I'd definitely get a handler. We even use them for the caribbean and Mexico

Latest resources

Back