• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Earn More Pay Working Fewer Hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are doing an injustice when you say things like that. No one can reasonably expect to earn that much at a regional or even as an fo at a legacy. The guy in which you speak probably works days off, vacation, etc. I bet hes putting in 250 hours of duty a month. Hourly rate x 1000 and that is all a normal human being who does not have "machine" dna can expect. 20-35 grand for an fo and 60-90 for a captain, lets be reasonable.

And I just checked ASA's pay and the CA's you speak of are no doubt at the top of the scale meaning 18+ years with the company and maybe some IOE captains who may get an 10 bucks an hour. And who makes it 18 years at a regional?? Guys with every screw loose imaginable, thats who. A normal human being would be long gone.

Well now that you have managed to insult those of us who are actually making a career out flying for the regionals.... let's continue...."loose screw" and all.....

$104/hr * 100 hour credit per month (easy with rigs) = $125,000 per year. Add in profit sharing and you come up to $130,000 per year. Add in ESPP and 401k and you are up to over $140,000 per year. This with 4 weeks of vacation that can be turned into 12 weeks of vacation......

Guilty as charged....Call me "screw loose"...... I would be doing so much better if I was only a major FO.......:rolleyes:

$104/hr * 100 hour credit per month (easy with rigs) = $125,000 per year. Add in profit sharing and you come up to $130,000 per year. Add in ESPP and 401k and you are up to over $140,000 per year. This with 4 weeks of vacation that can be turned into 12 weeks of vacation......

Guilty as charged....Call me "screw loose"...... I would be doing so much better if I was only a major FO.......:rolleyes:

Joe, why are you rehashing my last post? The above numbers you post are all for an 18+ CA. As I said in my post it is possible but what % of your workforce is 18+ seniority? Maybe 10%?

And profit sharing?? Are you kidding me? Profit sharing only works when you earn a profit, and you seem like possibly a bright guy so you know that the airline industry as a whole has lost something like 30 billion dollars since its inception. You count on profit sharing monies as much as you can count on winning the lottery!

Please tell me you didn't say ESPP! How many in this industry actually have qualified for that? And I would suggest you talk to all those former employee owners of United about all that great stock they got back in the 90s. ESPP is the biggest scam going. Talk about Kool Aid. This makes me want to revisit my statement about being bright.

Joe, why are you rehashing my last post? The above numbers you post are all for an 18+ CA. As I said in my post it is possible but what % of your workforce is 18+ seniority? Maybe 10%?

And profit sharing?? Are you kidding me? Profit sharing only works when you earn a profit, and you seem like possibly a bright guy so you know that the airline industry as a whole has lost something like 30 billion dollars since its inception. You count on profit sharing monies as much as you can count on winning the lottery!

Please tell me you didn't say ESPP! How many in this industry actually have qualified for that? And I would suggest you talk to all those former employee owners of United about all that great stock they got back in the 90s. ESPP is the biggest scam going. Talk about Kool Aid. This makes me want to revisit my statement about being bright.

ASA and SKYW have made profits every year...... My ESPP at ASA (SKYW stock) has done very well the past year...... As an ATR pilot, I will make over 100K this year, and my ESPP will add to that.....

What were you saying......

Guess we ran out of movie quotes.

No kidding. I hate it when somebody goes off on some tangent in our movie threads. Go get your own pay rates thread, this one's ours.

Milt, we're gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

I don't want to go to a Federal PMITA prison.

"Just the thought of having to go to the state unemployment office and stand in line with those SCUMBAGS!"

Let me tell you a little something about TPS reports.

Latest resources

Back