• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagles Mins lowered

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well that is down from what they wanted in the mid and early 90's. Mins were 2000TT, 200or500 Multi (cant remeber which),10% of TT must be IFR, 135 time and turbine prefered. And that wasnt even competitve.
Yes, but when there is a shortage of pilots things change.

Do newhires stll have to wait six months for travel privileges? Can newhires get jets and what are the junior bases?
Thanks for any info.

Do newhires stll have to wait six months for travel privileges? Can newhires get jets and what are the junior bases?
Thanks for any info.
New hires usually get jets, no wait for travel priviliges, they kick in your first day of class. Junior bases, BOS, ORD, LGA, MIA, SJU.

Part of the company email that was sent:

hiring 60/month
2-3 year upgrade.

2-3 year upgrade?? They are hiring 60/month b/c so many JUNIOR pilots are quiting. I've been here 3 yrs and move up roughly 6-10 numbers a month...just goes to show people come here, get time and bail. The only thing that will help in the short term is the AA recalls which will bring back around 330 flowbacks. And all that will do is upgrade our 7-8yr First Officers. I'd still be around 400 numbers to a CA slot...and without any growth it'll be years....so I'm looking at a 5-7 yr upgrade myself barring no change.

Eagle is not the worst company out there; just beware all this talk of the massive hiring...it's just attrition and a few flowbacks going back to the mother ship.

2-3 year upgrade?? They are hiring 60/month b/c so many JUNIOR pilots are quiting. I've been here 3 yrs and move up roughly 6-10 numbers a month...just goes to show people come here, get time and bail. The only thing that will help in the short term is the AA recalls which will bring back around 330 flowbacks. And all that will do is upgrade our 7-8yr First Officers. I'd still be around 400 numbers to a CA slot...and without any growth it'll be years....so I'm looking at a 5-7 yr upgrade myself barring no change.

Eagle is not the worst company out there; just beware all this talk of the massive hiring...it's just attrition and a few flowbacks going back to the mother ship.
And a lot of CA leaving for other places, things are moving, and dont forget that they went on a hiring freeze from 01 to 04, so when the last guy from 01 upgrades, the upgrade time will drop 3 years overnight. And if people just get in get their time and bail how come the upgrade time is so long?

2-3 yrs is pushing it. I bet it will settle out around 4-5 years unless we get some drastic growth

Watched this business for some twenty-six years by now...here comes another cycle.

The companies that upgrade in 16-18 months right now, WILL stagnate and stall. Companies like Eagle that used to take 6-8 years to upgrade, will once again upgrade under three...

Some experience is absolutely essential before making captain anyways. Best decisions are based on the slightly skewed ones we observed someone else making;) ...

Eagle is a great place to work, should one look for stability and some really good guys to fly with!

Apparently, should one update his/her online stuff, the call comes in just days, if not minutes.

Last edited:
Watched this business for some twenty-six years by now...here comes another cycle.

The companies that upgrade in 16-18 months right now, WILL stagnate and stall. Companies like Eagle that used to take 6-8 years to upgrade, will once again upgrade under three...

Some experience is absolutely essential before making captain anyways. Best decisions are based on the slightly skewed ones we observed someone else making;) ...

Eagle is a great place to work, should one look for stability and some really good guys to fly with!

Apparently, should one update his/her online stuff, the call comes in just days, if not minutes.
Yes, this is why I choose Eagle, after much analyzing I found this to be the best place to work. I unlike many chose a place to work based on where the company is going, not where the company is presently. Maybe I will be wrong, but I see this place as being one of the best regionals to work for in another few years.

Uh, you musta seen a different email than me. I did not see any claim of a 2 or 3 year upgrade. It will come down some but not to those figures anytime soon IMO.

Latest resources

Back