• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle will hire 400 next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and where the heck do you get that info from ????

that's total BS. Eagle still has people on the street, and if it ever got up on its feet, it would only be pilots from the mainline ... no off-street hires

Well, I have it on good order they are looking to a new dispatcher class of 8 after the new year...

To my knowledge they havent lost that many in the post-9/11 world...

yes, Eagle WILL be hiring soon...it has already been announced to the pilots...

Eagle will hire next year, this is not a rumor or BS!! All furloughs have been recalled, and some have even been recalled into the jet. As for the number 400, I can't say if that is a hard number or just rumor, but, I can say it isn't the first time I've heard that number. The Union and the company are both estimating 100 flowbacks. The rumor has it that the 100 flowbacks are not included in the 400 newhires. Eagle will receive 40 something planes next year.

No. I haven't heard anything about hiring AA guy's. However AMR policy states, never do an employee any favor, if it will cost money. If they hire an AA pilot, it will cost them more, than if they were to hire a pilot off the street. Example..they hire an AA pilot, they train the individual at eagle, that person gets recalled to AA, then they have to hire someone else to fill his shoes at Eagle. (I have been awake for a very long time, I hope that made sense) That is the AMR way of thinking, that's why they don't like to hire Eagle pilots, it will cost them to many training cycles. Plus, why the h ell would an AA pilot go to Eagle as a newhire?

Last edited:
What are American Eagles hiring mins?

Where can I find their website? For some reason I have a hard time finding it...

The mins will be 1500 tt and 300ME, unless you come from a bridge program. I know they will be less, but don't know exactly what. There used to be a website, www.eaglecareers.com, I think. I don't know if it is still active or even up to date. It's not really someplace you want to work, unless you want to be an FO for a long time and be miserable.

EagleATR

WOW, 400 more happyof the most happy employees in the industry, easy to get along within the hotel van, 5 year upgrade. Are you guys kidding,SIGN ME UP!!!
To actully get a set of the "SS" Wings and a pair of patent leather , up to the knee boots and raise my hand high and say Hile...oops sorry got of on a tangent, maybe I'll save my 50.00 application fee.

Latest resources

Back