Eagle will hire 400 next year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hiring

Yes, the last of the furloughs have been sent their recall notice. :D The bottom got ATR, but some got the RJ. The school house is hiring instructors to gear up for all the training they expect with new hires coming. Hiring is expected by the second quarter at the latest I heard.

"are they going to "hire" furloughed AA guys?"

There will be some 'flowbacks' that do chose to come to AE when they are furloughed by AA, but the rumor is now it will probably be under 100. Contractually, certain AA furlos have the right to come back and fly here as jet captains. (But that is a whole other hot topic!)

"It's not really someplace you want to work, unless you want to be an FO for a long time and be miserable"

In my opinion, I'd rather be here than nowhere, so a job with AE is a good thing. Finding ANY flying job these is challenging, so an offer from AE is better than none at all. The idea is to get some 121 time and then move onto to something better. Whether or not I will get to upgrade by the time something better comes along will remain to be seen. :rolleyes: On a plus side though, most line pilots are generally pretty cool and the training dept is great.

So, if anyone is interested, AE gouge can be had at this page: Eaglelounge.com . Once hiring really spools up, there will be more info out but right now it's minimal. The recruiting dept was kinda mothballed, so they need to get it up and functional again but as soon as it happens, all the gouge will be on that site. "SKYLARK" posts some really reliable stuff. Heck, I found out my base and recall class date from that site long before I was ever notified by the company!
:D

Last edited:
San Juan?

Do all the newhires still have to go to freakin' San Juan, PR or is there a chance at getting a stateside base as a newhire? DFW is my #1 goal (thats why I would love ASA) San Juan would not be worth it though. (unless I was single, maybe)

The rock wasn't that bad at all. When I was down there a few years ago I had a good time. The layovers got as long as 32 hours, in nice hotels, on topless beaches, and with good beer. The only thing that absolutely drove me up the wall were the pilots that just could not stop bitching long enough to enjoy the experience. I hear all the layovers are very short out of SJU these days, so for that reason, I would not want to go. If the long layovers ever return, your are single, you like big latina butts, partying your a$$ off, and hanging out on the beach, go for it. If you are married, have kids, don't want to move, or just a mamas boy, stay home. The chances are they will be hiring into all equipment. The young guys will be the most junior in the newhire classes so they will be the ones catching a boat to San Juan, the old guys will get the first choice of were they go.

SJU wasn't so bad at all. It is NOT the US, but you get to fly to some really cool places. If you go, get a car. I had a blast when I was there.

Tonight I chatted with an ORD RJ Capt and he said he saw a memo saying AE was going to hire 700 pilots in 2004. Wow. He also said the growth will mostly be in the RJ in Chicago. :)

old geezer

well I'm kind of an old guy, soon to be 33 so maybe I could skip the rock!! You know a sure sign of gettin old is when you get your haircut and they ask you, "you want those nose hairs trimmed?" "Oh yeah, and what about the eyebrows and ears?"

Any new info

Just wondering if there is any new info to pass along

D

700 seems high, but 420+ attrition is about right 42 new jets at 10 pilots per jet. We also are taking our options on the 25 CRJ-700 to bring the total to 50. Last number I heard 16 in DFW and 34 in ORD. Not enough pilots bid CRJ FO ORD so pilots will be recalled to those positions. Eagle has not been the best place the past 2 years due to the fact that we went from a 230+ prop fleet down to about a 70- prop fleet. But things are starting to improve. EMB Jet CA is down to 6.5 CRJ at 8.5 and prop at 5 years. Growth by base in 2004. 46% ORD total 700 pilots 26% DFW 640 pilots, MIA & SJU flat, BOS flat, LGA and LAX 6%. And the possible RDU base opening. 2005 will also be a big year of 40+ jets. Hope that helps. Good luck..

P.S. People always bitch about the upgrade time but when I got hired at Eagle, everyone else was pay for training and most companies were also 8+ years for upgrade.....

Latest resources

Back