• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle to Furlough Hundreds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XPOO, do all of us a favor and go to www.DispatchInfo.com because we don't care about anything you write. You're an ill-tempered desk jockey. Since you were never able to make it as a pilot, you derive satisfaction in life from hobnobbing with us. You are that loser kid with no self esteem that always seems to hang out on the fringe of the group. We mock you and laugh at you constantly. Can I make it any clearer?

Get back to work pushing those papers. Oh, and keep reminding yourself that you and the captain share the responsibility for a flight 50/50.

XPOO, do all of us a favor and go to www.DispatchInfo.com because we don't care about anything you write. You're an ill-tempered desk jockey. Since you were never able to make it as a pilot, you derive satisfaction in life from hobnobbing with us. You are that loser kid with no self esteem that always seems to hang out on the fringe of the group. We mock you and laugh at you constantly. Can I make it any clearer?

Get back to work pushing those papers. Oh, and keep reminding yourself that you and the captain share the responsibility for a flight 50/50.

I was wondering when someone was going to say it. :laugh:

The airlines are in the ********************ter, Eagle is going to park airplanes and (hopefully not) furlought/downgrade people are you guy's are fighting about spelling unf-u-c-k-ing believable.

how does going from 55 to 33 dep. equate to "hundreds of furloughs"? By my math thats only 16 pilots.

Anyway, lets let the newspaper editors do the job of over-doing everything. Especially when talking about the F-word, how about only calling it what it is.

Ease up there. That's your temper talking. There's plenty a dispatcher can contribute to an aviation message board. Think of it as F.I. CRM. :)

how does going from 55 to 33 dep. equate to "hundreds of furloughs"? By my math thats only 16 pilots.

Anyway, lets let the newspaper editors do the job of over-doing everything. Especially when talking about the F-word, how about only calling it what it is.

But they are also parking the Saabs. Usually 7 crews (14 pilots) per plane. Not sure how many Saabs they have.

Because your math is either not good or you aren't using proper values for your variables. 55 reduced to 33 departures each day results in approximately 40% fewer pilots required in that operation. This is only the tip of the iceberg at Eagle, with all 25ish active Saabs being parked so these excess ATRs will have a home. So far it looks like we'll be losing some 65ish active airplanes starting September 3, resulting in an excess of about 600 pilots. Take our current shortage of 200 out and you're looking at about 400 furloughs and half as many downgrades.

Does my avatar have to be retired as well? I really don't want to replace it with an ATR. They are just too g'dam ugly.

Airlinepilot central is saying there are 28 saabs at Eagle. That combined with the 30-35 ERJs is 58-63 aircraft retirements this year. Depending on staffing that might need 600+ fewer pilots by the end of the year. Hard to imagine attrition taking care of that.

Latest resources

Back