Eagle to Cancel Redundant Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAflyer said:
I believe the topic is about Eagle not AA. (MED)

Yes Med this thread is about Eagle. It is also about flowbacks, and when they will beheaded back up to the mother ship. I thought this info would be helpful to JetDriver. Sorry the response bugged you so much.

Regards,

AA

No worries, I immediately erased my post after realizing that I forgot to take my medicine this morning. :nuts:

I am out, do you have anymore? Time for me to get away from the keyboard for a few hours..

See Ya:bomb:

AA

Hey AA. They are trying to do the same here (at Eagle) reference pref. bidding. It is baddddd news to anyone wanting to upgrade at Eagle or anyone wanting to get back to AA. Unbelieveable. I can't believe both our unions are even taking the scent on pref bidding. This is more dangerous to our careers than cancelling some frequency, etc.

Last edited:
This may sound dumb, but why is preferential bidding so bad? I'm not an airline pilot but it seems to me most do not like this. Any reason to this?

AAflyer said:
It is also about flowbacks, and when they will beheaded back up to the mother ship. Regards,

AA

Aw, GREAT!! As if furloughs weren't bad enough, now there's even gonna be BEHEADINGS by the Mother Ship? :D

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. Perhaps I should get out more or something.)

sleddriver77 said:
Aw, GREAT!! As if furloughs weren't bad enough, now there's even gonna be BEHEADINGS by the Mother Ship? :D

(I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist. Perhaps I should get out more or something.)[/QUOTE

You know what they say about working here, be happy or off with your head.
Would that be considered a freudian slip, or does it have to pertain to sex.

Jettexas, I couldn't agree more.

AA:smash:

OK why is everybody at AA and Eagle against Prefbid? And why would it change the prospect of upgrades? The amount of flying will stay the same, the pairings probably won't change much, it's just a more hands-on approach to creating one's own schedule. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. So, please explain and enlighten me, I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Simply put, PBS is a scheduling tool to increase productivity. As we all know, any increase in productivity translates to fewer workers. In this case, the implementation of PBS would probably mean a 5-10% reduction of the pilot workforce. The staffing situation at AA is (or soon will be) very tight and they DO NOT want to have to recall any pilots. It is pretty safe to say that AA wants PBS badly so that they do not have to recall any pilots for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Global33 said:
OK why is everybody at AA and Eagle against Prefbid? And why would it change the prospect of upgrades? The amount of flying will stay the same, the pairings probably won't change much, it's just a more hands-on approach to creating one's own schedule. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. So, please explain and enlighten me, I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Herk driver hit the nail on the nail on the head.

The other aspect is what basterdized version while it morph into. AA had system created in the 1997 contract that is called TTOT. I grievence was file on behalf of APA this past summer because once again it was working as promised. It has been manipulated to suit management.

Pref Bidding in it's pure form and having the constrainsts and variables applied according to the pilots would probably be great. However it will not be that way.

There was a post recently from a UAL pilot on Pref Bidding and how the company srewed them over royally. I have tried a search and can not find it, if I do I will post it.

AA

Imagine starting as a new hire at IBM. You can ask for what days you want off, what times you want to work, and what computers you'd prefer to work on. When the beginning of the month comes around, the boss punches a button and the computer spits out what best suits the most senior guy's preferences, and the rest of the people get what will work them the most. All this trickles down to you and you're stuck working the graveyard shift on the weekends.

That's PBS. If you're in the top 10% of the seniority list, it's heaven, but at the cost of everyone else below you.

Latest resources

Back