Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
I got an email from the company yesterday that says Eagle is going to reduce frequency to a few markets (IND and FWA were mentioned). The reason: "High Cost of Jet Fuel."

In a related article in the USA dated Tuesday, the Energy Dep. says that the effects of Katrina and Rita on the cost of Jet fuel (and all crude oil too) won't be coming down for quite some time, or longer than expected. In the same paper, American Airlines was reported to decide to cancel one of their Japanese routes as cited that the market was no longer "Economically Viable."

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but this news makes the flowbacks sound a lot more permenant than originally thought.

Any thoughts?

J_D

Jet_Driver said:
I got an email from the company yesterday that says Eagle is going to reduce frequency to a few markets (IND and FWA were mentioned). The reason: "High Cost of Jet Fuel."

In a related article in the USA dated Tuesday, the Energy Dep. says that the effects of Katrina and Rita on the cost of Jet fuel (and all crude oil too) won't be coming down for quite some time, or longer than expected. In the same paper, American Airlines was reported to decide to cancel one of their Japanese routes as cited that the market was no longer "Economically Viable."

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but this news makes the flowbacks sound a lot more permenant than originally thought.

Any thoughts?

J_D
Finally, something that makes sense!!

American Eagle reduces redundant American Eagle flights.

Someone explain to me how Rita could become a category 1 hurricane, and move away from Houston and still impact gas prices.

labbats said:

Someone explain to me how Rita could become a category 1 hurricane, and move away from Houston and still impact gas prices.

When an arab farts it impacts gas prices.

If this country dedicated it's resources in R&D of alternative fuels during the gas crunch of the 1970's, we would not be having this problem today.

Last edited:
labbats said:

Simple... Oil rigs aren't in Houston. The refineries aren't in Houston either. The refirneries are a lot closer to Beaumont and Port Aurthur (which by the way is where Rita made landfall). The town of Houston is where the companies are (Haliburton, etc...) Those companies make their money from oil rigs which are docked in the Gulf of Mexico. Hurricane Rita and Katrina both came through the area where the oil rigs are docked. The rest is simple. Katrina did most of the damage, Rita didn't have to do more than fart (had to include this word, since the other guy mentioned the Arab's farting could affect gas prices) to add insult to injury to those rigs affected by Katrina.

Understand now?

"Economically Viable."

Any thoughts?

That's exactly what I thought! "Economically Viable."
Ever watched the movie Falling Down???

boardrat said:
"Economically Viable."

Any thoughts?

That's exactly what I thought! "Economically Viable."
Ever watched the movie Falling Down???

I've seen that movie, too and that's what I thought too. This was the statement used in the USA Today. I didn't take it from that movie.

Jet Driver,

While this is bad news, the Nagoya route that was cancelled (still confused as it was often full and carried MUCH freight), is in essence being repaced by Delhi (India) starting Nov1, Nagoya ends Oct 31. There is also talk of Hong Kong starting this winter, and Shanghai starting April 1st 2006.

As the winglets start showing up on the 757s this winter start to see smaller cities in Europe showing up out of JFK and BOS.

We also had 60+ guys leave early on Oct 1st. Since July when the sen. numbers were updated I have already had 130+ guys leave ahead of me.

The bad news is APA is wanting to shove Pref Bidding down our throat. I know of NO ONE who wants this and many who have sent letters saying they are not intrested. This could delay recalls, however nothing has been set yet.

Good Luck,

AA

I believe the topic is about Eagle not AA. (MED)

Yes Med this thread is about Eagle. It is also about flowbacks, and when they will beheaded back up to the mother ship. I thought this info would be helpful to JetDriver. Sorry the response bugged you so much.

Regards,

AA

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back