• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle to Cancel Redundant Flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I understand that, but as a junior lineholder now, that pretty much describes my life anyway. Asked for Thanksgiving, weekends, or anything good off. Got none of the above. Just playing devil's advocate.

Another aspect is this...With PBS, you will get one week vacation off and one week only. No more being able to bid so that you have days off at either side of your vacation (and having, for example 10 days off in a row instead of 7). Transition times off, same thing. Now you can bid the last 3 days off in a month and the first 3 the next, for example.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I got 11 denies for October and 0 accepts. 11-0 baby!

However, at least I can bid something that starts late my first day and finishes early my last day, or work a bunch of days at the end of the month and bid a bunch to begin the next month, so that I create another day off due to a 7 day conflict. I can get a week vacation and cap it with a day off at either end for 9 days in a row. I also choose which overnights I want to fly per month, and whether the legs are back to back or with breaks in between for meals. Say goodbye to all of that with PBS.

You're pretty much removing choices from your schedule to allow for tighter scheduling control and less pilot positions.

Latest resources

Back