• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle shoots down B scale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what he said was Completely correct. If L-XJT had ASA's PBS system, it would be a windfall gain for lxjt. So, go vote your vote. You have as much pull here as I would on the pipe. In fact, I personally feel you do more damage to your pilot group every time you post.

No, the JNC negotiates for both sides. That is why they are made up of two people from each side and get mutual direction from the two MECs. And flight line would be a concession to our current contract.

Because what's best for you isn't necessarily best for the industry if the TA is concessionary. Anyway, I said I would vote no if I was an ASA pilot. I never told anyone how to vote.

You're not an ASA pilot. Never was, never will be. But you're telling them you would vote no. Well sir, personally I don't care how you would vote in any scenario. But if you ask me, you contradict yourself in your own sentence.

You've never worked under ASA's contract. So, with all due respect, mind your own business. Go do what you got to do, and I will do the same. Good luck with the whole burn it down theme, I really hope you get a chance to fall on your sword, I really do.

No, but I've read enough of it to know that we have better work rules especially for reserve, better health benefits and language, better sick accrual, better vacation accrual, better 401k matching, better B fund contribution.

And I'll say twice again, I only said how I would vote if I was an ASA pilot. I never told anyone how to vote. Did you not understand that I didn't tell anyone how to cast their vote? I just gave MY worthless Internet opinion.

Last edited:
No, the JNC negotiates for both sides. That is why they are made up of two people from each side and get mutual direction from the two MECs. And flight line would be a concession to our current contract.

No, but I've read enough of it to know that we have better work rules especially for reserve, better health benefits and language, better sick accrual, better vacation accrual, better 401k matching, better B fund contribution.

And I'll say twice again, I only said how I would vote if I was an ASA pilot. I never told anyone how to vote. Did you not understand that I didn't tell anyone how to cast their vote? I just gave MY worthless Internet opinion.

And smartpref is a concession to our current contract. So if I was a lxjt pilot I'd vote no to smartpref. Not telling you how to vote, just saying I'd get rid of that if I was a lxjt pilot. Better in some regards, not so much in others. I like my 70 seat rate, thank you. Your rate is a concession, and now with a blended rate with a $2 override, a further concession. Great work! Oh, I know, that was an arbitrator. And not your fault. Nothing ever is, its everyone else that has it wrong, and LXJT just keeps getting the short end. such as with the Inc purchase. Well sir, I've seen enough, heard enough. Vote your vote, you get 1 (Thank God!). I will do the same. Tailwinds.

And smartpref is a concession to our current contract. So if I was a lxjt pilot I'd vote no to smartpref. Not telling you how to vote, just saying I'd get rid of that if I was a lxjt pilot. Better in some regards, not so much in others. I like my 70 seat rate, thank you. Your rate is a concession, and now with a blended rate with a $2 override, a further concession. Great work! Oh, I know, that was an arbitrator. And not your fault. Nothing ever is, its everyone else that has it wrong, and LXJT just keeps getting the short end. such as with the Inc purchase. Well sir, I've seen enough, heard enough. Vote your vote, you get 1 (Thank God!). I will do the same. Tailwinds.

And that is why I specifically said that the LXJT contract with flight line would be a windfall. I know that smartpref is a concession. It's not a big secret to any of us on this side. My point being that even with our arbitrated $2 override for the bigger RJs, it's still a windfall when you consider better 401k matching, better B fund contribution, better health benefits, better vacation accrual, better sick time accrual, better scheduling work rules, better 50 seat rates, etc.

Again, my only point is that anything less in the TA than those things we have in the XJT contract that are better than the ASA contract is an overall concession in the eyes of the industry. I thought we were applauding eagle for their stance yet you guys are willing to take concessions?

Obviously you guys will do what ever you want with your vote. I'm not telling you how to vote. I'm only saying that if I was an ASA pilot, I would vote for a concession to the XJT contract and the industry overall.

Is that clear enough for everyone?

Point taken.

The merging of this airline is coming to a head (not holding my breath) and hopefully we can all make an informed decision. It is inevitable that two merging pilot groups have disparate contracts. This fact does not make an ASA pilot conspiracy to ruin your life. Circumstances outside our collective control have put us in this situation...we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Back to the thread topic----

Cheers to Eagle MEC!

Last edited:
Point taken.

The merging of this airline is coming to a head (not holding my breath) and hopefully we can all make an informed decision. It is inevitable that two merging pilot groups have disparate contracts. This fact does not make an ASA pilot conspiracy to ruin your life. Circumstances outside our collective control have put us in this situation...we'll just have to see how it plays out.

Back to the thread topic----

Cheers to Eagle MEC!

Agreed! I'm usually optimistic but I'm not getting a good feeling about this TA. Time will tell.

You will be reading the next chapter shortly.

OK Texx, wanna explain this to us? An example, our PD goes down 5 cents, SKYW PD goes UP 5 cents. We funding their raises too? They're getting them!

OK Texx, wanna explain this to us? An example, our PD goes down 5 cents, SKYW PD goes UP 5 cents. We funding their raises too? They're getting them!

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!

It's a nickel. It's paid for by themselves. Read the items and you should be able to figure it out.

Latest resources

Back