Eagle recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust

There has been a bad history here ( Eagle/APA ). Why should I trust you now? Show me some DETAILS, and then, why should I trust you now? Do you remember when Eagle was APA? :rolleyes: I have put my hand into the cookie jar, not to have it slaped away, but to have it bitten off.

Yes APA fine old news, AA paid lump sum, and the rest over time.

55% to 65% of AE paxs connect to AA were the last numbers I saw. To me it seems like more than that ever time I pull up connecting gates for the FA.

Unfounded assumptions....maybe? But at this time their are approximately 1,000 pilots, from the three AMR carriers, on furlough. If Eagle pilots are displaced out of their aircraft by AA and TWA LLC pilots then someone is going to be waiting on the sidelines! You tell me who that would be? Maybe we should not assume that this airline is in growth mode and see the reality of the situation is that we are in a survival mode! Cutting our losses in some markets and moving aircraft that are more economical to others! That is why pilots are on the street...right now!

You cannot tell me that APA's proposal has anybody at Eagle in mind. Lets see how can we get OUR pilots back into the cockpit no matter what the cost to others! That is pretty much how I see it! Talked to an 80 Driver on the way out to the parking lot........he looked me in the eye when he said I might want to try truck driving school to pay the rent cause there is no way APA is going to allow us to fly our airplanes beyond the cap. So big brother, in his LEXUS, is going to let me and my family live off of foodstamps to supposedly protect a couple of turboprop markets! What you have to remember is the jets ARE coming, the markets they will serve HAVE been decided on, and if that puts us over the cap the thin turboprop markets will be the compromise....according to Bowler who personally told me this! Then not only pilots but entire stations will be out of work! I am still pretty new to the airline business and I will never be able to think like a politician but I do believe that what is good for me is not always good for the team!

Only AA Counts

Yes I agree. As I have said before APA is only out for themselves, and it will always be that way. Only AA counts. Screw the Eagle.:eek:

Great idea! Truck driving school. That was nice of him to give you career advice. See, they are looking out for us! HA!

That American pilot was right on. Why should APA allow ASM relief. Has this management ever done anything for its employees out of the kindness of their hearts? You have to think about the big picture. As an Eagle pilot with an ever shrinking seniority number, I too am starting to feel the pinch. But I would not allow the continued degradation of our profession by allowing us to fly more RJ's. We are already way behind our Peers in wages, benefits, etc. Of-course AMR wants to take advantage of us some more by giving us more of RJ's. Well I for one would rather see another solution besides APA simply negating their Scope Clause.
APA is right in being threatened by RJ's. As an RJ pilot I routinely fly routes that were once American routes. WE ARE NO LONGER A FEEDER AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!.

Actually - no kiddin' - a friend of mine DID just that! He was furloughed from Delta after the 11th and is now a truck driver. He makes more $ than he did at Eagle and on probation at Delta. He has some of the same gripes of the Eagle pilot (gone a lot and no women around him on the road), BUT no security, no complaining pax, no whipsawing, etc. Hmmm, hmmm (!)
The ASM cap is not the main threat to us here at Eagle. APA should defend against that! The Eagle outsourcing is the problem as the outsourced airlines are included in our ASM cap.

Last edited:
Threatened?????????????????????

Airline Pilot27 said:
That American pilot was right on. Why should APA allow ASM relief. Has this management ever done anything for its employees out of the kindness of their hearts? You have to think about the big picture. As an Eagle pilot with an ever shrinking seniority number, I too am starting to feel the pinch. But I would not allow the continued degradation of our profession by allowing us to fly more RJ's. We are already way behind our Peers in wages, benefits, etc. Of-course AMR wants to take advantage of us some more by giving us more of RJ's. Well I for one would rather see another solution besides APA simply negating their Scope Clause.
APA is right in being threatened by RJ's. As an RJ pilot I routinely fly routes that were once American routes. WE ARE NO LONGER A FEEDER AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!.

11000 AA pilots. 2400 AE pilots.
AA: Large Aircraft 730 with more on the way.
AE: Small, Very Small Aircraft. What do we have 270?
I do not want to go any further than this. I would be typing for an hour. Do you really want me to believe, that anyone at the almighty and powerfull AA feels threatened by puny little Eagle.:eek: Yes we are way behind the pack, and who is to fault for that. We screwed ourselves before (2012) let's not do it again. You say you fly for AE but you sound like you fly for AA.

Last edited:
Money

The Skyline message reflects only that which APA knew when they came up with this proposal.

It always goes back to why do you fly a regional route in the first place. Because you do not see enough revenue on the route at that moment to support a mainline route. You would lose money if you ran the route so you use a regional that either reduces your exposure or might even make a profit as you establih marketshare.

The more your regional cost gets close to your mainline cost, the less incentive or bigger penalty to use the regional. Your competitior may even be able to stick in there past you. Thus you may get less flying the closer the economic come to a mainline route.

You have to remember that there are many more factors here than just the cost of the pilots. Literally all the costs of the regional are less.

American would like to fly more regionals during this time. They will not sacrifice the reason they want to do it over this issue. Everybody loses.

Latest resources

Back