• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle recall Aug 26? True or False?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any one care to guess where the current number is now, and where it will end up after this 2,3,4, to 1 acceptance will leave it.

That's going to be a hard thing to pull off with 550 TWA pilots getting pink slips...

Actually the two are not related at all. Eagle is not recalling because it is expanding and picking up extra flying vacated by TWA. Eagle is shrinking, as discussed above. The recalls are only to replace the large number of pilots jumping ship from Eagle.

I'm not talking about flowbacks. I'm referencing the loss of mainline ASMs that will result from 550 pilots being put on the street (and 80 or so F100s). You don't furlough 550 people without parking airplanes somewhere, and that cuts into Eagle's maximum allowable size.

These new furloughs will not affect the max flying Eagle may do under the cap. As it is stated in the contract, the max flying Eagle is allowed to do is that which Eagle was doing on the day of the 1ST furlough of an AA pilot. If further furloughs occur (as they did in Oct. and Nov.), it does not reduce the max flying allowed.

But yeah, things are going to get worse before they get better.

Thanks for the info. I heard that if you pass up your recall then you lose your senority number to the next guy. Also does anyone know when the last day to give an answer to Eagle about returning for class? A guy in my company was all set to go back until AA fuloughed those 550 pilots and now he is not sure. I'm sure some guys got screwed in that first recall who quit their jobs to go back to Eagle then got furloughed again. Some people have to be a little cautious about going back this time. At least the cap won't keep lowering and TWA can't flowback.

Just heard a rumor that more (than the above) were going to be called back...anyone with real info. The number I heard was 68.

I talked to Claudette the other day. Letters have been sent out down to #59 so far. She doesn't yet know how many will accept, so most likely more letters will be sent out. They want an additional 30 pilots to accept, for a total number of recalls (including the first round) of 50.

Just heard a rumor that more (than the above) were going to be called back...anyone with real info. The number I heard was 68.
Letters have been sent out down to #59 so far. She doesn't yet know how many will accept, so most likely more letters will be sent out. They want an additional 30 pilots to accept, for a total number of recalls (including the first round) of 50.

I heard that of the initial 20 pilots that were recalled 8 declined the offer. Meaning that they were up to #28 on the seniority list. I know these guys who declined still have a chance to change their minds but if this trend holds true then Eagle will have to send out letters to the first 70 in order to get the required 50 stated above. Sounds about right.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks about the sanity of a furloughed pilot accepting a recall to Eagle. When I was there it wasnt a very happy place and I cant imagine it is any better now. But it has got to be better than hauling freight in a Cessna 402. Thx, Egl furloughee.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks about the sanity of a furloughed pilot accepting a recall to Eagle

I think that it really depends upon your current situation.
For me personally, I can't get a bite on a resume to save my life, and I don't have a family to worry about. Right now I'm in a miserable cubicle. I would much rather be sitting reserve in Puerto Rico. Assuming things don't improve at Eagle, at least I'll be building time and staying current until I can hitch my wagon to a healthier horse.

If you have more time, and a wife and kids who aren't ready to pack for San Juan, it may be worthwhile to hold out for another job. But if you're not flying, you're getting less current, and your experience is stagnating while other pilots (with whom you are competing for the few jobs that are out there) are building it.

I think Herb's letter to us on this subject was right on. Each pilot needs to evaluate their situation individually.

Anybody heard if this recall is just a one time deal or are they planning on recalling more before the end of the year. We have guys/gals leaving or trying to leave left and right out here on the west coast just like the SJU folks. Trying to do more with less has its limits..........

We have guys/gals leaving or trying to leave left and right out here on the west coast just like the SJU folks. Trying to do more with less has its limits..........

...Please explain.

I havnt heard of any more recalls planned before the end of the year but you never know. I would be suprised if they did.

Joel, who do you fly for?

Latest resources

Back