• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle or XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course you can bid for any base in the system (XJET) you want. Based upon your seniority (hire date), you may or may not be awarded a transfer.

Now, to just end this question for you nice and tidy...

ExpressJet branded flying
~$1 beers (slip the FA a $5 and load up for the overnight)
~Crew Meals (free, great qulaity & a real choice as to what you want to eat)
~Next to no sit times - 30 minute turns (less unpaid time in the uniform)

$1 beers man! How can you top that??

Now, to just end this question for you nice and tidy...

ExpressJet branded flying
~$1 beers (slip the FA a $5 and load up for the overnight)
~Crew Meals (free, great qulaity & a real choice as to what you want to eat)
~Next to no sit times - 30 minute turns (less unpaid time in the uniform)

$1 beers man! How can you top that??

plus a 2 year upgrade!! you guys got all of that at Eagle??? better yet. do you have ANY of that at Eagle???

plus a 2 year upgrade!! you guys got all of that at Eagle??? better yet. do you have ANY of that at Eagle???
We got the dollar beer, and no sit time, crew meals means a bag of cashews here. Two year upgrades we are working on.
Stability we have also(branded flying here means AA.)

If I knew that things were going to stay the same at Xjet, but I feel like the time to get in was about a year ago. I chose to go to eagle because I feel like in two or three years this will be the regional to be at.

Or a strong possiblity of loosing your job when CAL pulls another bunch of planes....
A company that has missed the 70 and 90 seat market
A company that could not get a 50 SEAT CONTRACT(they claim they specialize in) with Midwest
A company that is going to have A LOT OF COMPETION WITH THIER OWN BRANDED FLYING....

A company that could not get a 50 SEAT CONTRACT(they claim they specialize in) with Midwest
We missed out on that due to the fact that we can't fly out of EWR due to our current CPA with CAL... You have no idea what you're talking about Mr. 500 hours.

We missed out on that due to the fact that we can't fly out of EWR due to our current CPA with CAL... You have no idea what you're talking about Mr. 500 hours.
But he paid 4 his training so it is worth like 3000 hours!

Or a strong possiblity of loosing your job when CAL pulls another bunch of planes....

And we keep those as we have first right of refusal.

A company that has missed the 70 and 90 seat market

The door isn't closed on that one. Unless you mean we missed the chance to fly those for 50 seat rates, in which case you'd be correct.

Have one to be announced shortly. Furthermore, operating 274 Embraer's for 10 years now qualifies us to make that statement, and stand by it.

A company that is going to have A LOT OF COMPETION WITH THIER OWN BRANDED FLYING....

And the sun will surely rise tomorrow. What exactly is your point. Let's look at newer carriers who have all faced the same thing: Air Tran, JetBlue, Frontier. They've somehow managed. I'm sure we will too.

If you're going to spout off like you know, then jot down a few facts for next time. We still have 205 airplanes flying for CAL that will clear a 70 million dollar profit this year. That's guaranteed. Charter division is going like gangbusters with talks of adding more aircraft (legacys to be specific). A total of 44 airplanes in our branded system with cities literally begging us to add them to the route map. Possible additions to this fleet will be announced in December. Lastly, 300 million free and clear in our bank and literally zero debt. You've been educated. Now just watch the magic happen as we take this company to another level.

I know a he!! of alot more than you think texan...I have been around when xjt was Continental Express (one and only) and spun off and sold off by the Globe....Although 500tt is close but not accurate to my airline experience, I have been around and know the company for almost 10years (I don't have a letter in my emp number)...but thanks anyway.

And we keep those as we have first right of refusal.

The door isn't closed on that one. Unless you mean we missed the chance to fly those for 50 seat rates, in which case you'd be correct.

Have one to be announced shortly. Furthermore, operating 274 Embraer's for 10 years now qualifies us to make that statement, and stand by it.

And the sun will surely rise tomorrow. What exactly is your point. Let's look at newer carriers who have all faced the same thing: Air Tran, JetBlue, Frontier. They've somehow managed. I'm sure we will too.

If you're going to spout off like you know, then jot down a few facts for next time. We still have 205 airplanes flying for CAL that will clear a 70 million dollar profit this year. That's guaranteed. Charter division is going like gangbusters with talks of adding more aircraft (legacys to be specific). A total of 44 airplanes in our branded system with cities literally begging us to add them to the route map. Possible additions to this fleet will be announced in December. Lastly, 300 million free and clear in our bank and literally zero debt. You've been educated. Now just watch the magic happen as we take this company to another level.

I have been educated waaay before your response regarding the direction of the company.

facts
-205 airframes....until cal can pull more out as per the CPA in 2010

-Charter division is doing well....but you can't charter every airplane out of cal system

-the CPA will not change in regards to competing with CAL out of certain hubs such as NY, sooo it will difficult to find someone to fly the next batch released by cal. They(CAL) has already said they are going to release more out of the agreement.

-Cal and XJt are in a perverable p!ssing contest right now and it doesn't look like it will get better anytime soon. (As per JR)

-the Branded flying is being done "under the radarscope" of other carriers as not to p!ss anyone off and start a bidding war. WN will get wind of this and start slashing or adding frequent flyer miles into certain routes. You have to have a load factor of like 55% to break even in these planes.

-xjt missed the 70/90 seaters market. There is a waiting list for those planes. XJT went from EMB speed dial number 1 to ..."who's this again" in a matter of 2 years. They actually shut down the 145 line at emb(yes they can get it going again etc.). They (the company) could have added a new aircraft years ago but did not want to unless a barrel of oil was at $40, I don't think that is going to happen ANYTIME SOON....

I hope things work out and don't have to use that $300 mil to pay out losses, things are very much in the air as far as success with the branded flying and the ability to get other customers because of the restraints of the CPA. Look at the stock price, I am not the only one questioning the vility of the venture.

Latest resources

Back