Eagle or XJT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice avatar!

didn't you pay for your training? Pvt, comm, Inst or what...geez lighten up dude!!!
I was joking! By the way nice avatar, I cant stop staring!
I hope the XJT guys the best, I would like to see every regional succeed(except ho-jets). When trying to decide XJET or Eagle, it is not as easy a decision as some make it out to be. I was offered a job with both companies within days of each other, after a lot of weighing my options I chose Eagle. Smart Choice? Only time will tell, right now I am very happy at Eagle, they pay well, I live in base, have good benefits, a lot of stability, and what is soon to be a rapidly decreasing upgrade time to CA, the crews here are great(as are the crews at XJET, I have met a lot of them). I dont understand the pissing match, we are all brothers here, we should support each other and be happy for each other when their company is doing well, hopefully the branded flying will do well, and I think that it will.
Eagle, or XJET. You have to decide, good and bad at both places, but which one has more good for YOU??? And you are the only one who can decide.

We're planning for 2010. If we don't win the bid, or we have better options we can and will keep those 51 airframes.

I don't see there being an unlimited ability to charter the planes, but it is a new an untapped market, so it is anyone's best guess as to how much lift is really needed.

We don't want to go into EWR, CLE or IAH. If we did, we'd hit BKL in CLE, EFD in IAH. There's nothing scoping us out of those airports.

We're doing it under the radar because we learned from FlyI. WN can get bent all they want, but they can't fight everyone. Add to that the fact theat they have (nor will they have) any additional lift to throw at us. Their competition will come at us on a route by route basis with one or two stops vs. our non-stop. Plus, we aren't targeting WN's "price conscious" customers. We are a Full Service airline with Full Service fares.

You can't honestly compare the 170/190 line to the 737 line. Boeing has wait times spanning years. Embraer is not so limited (assuming that's what we'd order). Furthermore, we couldn't get anything larger that the 145 as long as we were CAL's hooker. Looks to me like a door just opened there.

As far as our stock price goes, so what? It's never bounced back from the initial IPO. The analysts driving that are ignorant as to what we are really trying to do. All they can think of is comparing us to FlyI, when in fact we couldn't be further from their business model. Then there's Michael Boyd, the village idiot who just stirs the pot. I bet he can't remember the last time he made an accurate forecast. Hard to be wrong when you cover every base so that you can pat yourself on the back when one of your shotgun predictions hits something. Yet, people listen to this baffoon.

Truth is, you and all the other naysayers really ought to wait until December. That's when you'll have a really accurate picture of how it is playing our for us. Maybe you'll be able to dig this thread up and rub it in my face. Honestly, I think it will be me chiding all of you. We shall see.

I hope you can...I am part of this entire deal...actually I am knee deep in it so I hope you are right. But the question was xjt or eagle and you have to admit eagle owned by amr is a little more secure than xjt in the future. Xjt should have jumped on the 70/90 seat market early on but reamster wanted $40 barrel oil....I just hope xjt is not set too much in its ways and ends up in trouble. As far as pay for the 70/90 seaters, you and I both know xjt management/union can write up a LOA and that prob will be done with.....

I love women.

Thread drift...

You were right, Eagle is the safest choice. If you look at the SKW v. XJT thread, I told that guy to go to SKW for the safe bet. So, I agree with you there.

Re-drift...
Didn't you read what I wrote regarding the larger airplanes? We were NOT ALLOWED to buy anything larger. All our flying was for CAL and they called the shots. Not so much now. It sounds like you work for CAL or Chelsea. I'm not asking and don't need to know, but too many CAL employees I talk with are really in the dark regarding where we are today and why.

Latest resources

Back