Eagle or Pinnacle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
amcnd said:
If you want ORD go to SkyWest!! I was at Eagle for 6 years and still got a crap line in ORD at SkyWest you can hold a good line in 3 months!!:D
150hrs short on the TT for SKYW, otherwise I'd be all over it. With flying how it is now with the guard, it would take about a year to get that kind of flight time.

MarineGrunt said:
According to airlinepilotcentral.com, most junior Captain is 1999 hire based at LAX on the Saab.

True but if I remember correctly at eagle if you are in the jet you can not bid for Capt in the prop because they view that as a "downgrade".

punkpilot48 said:
True but if I remember correctly at eagle if you are in the jet you can not bid for Capt in the prop because they view that as a "downgrade".

That's not correct.

You can go from jet FO to turboprop CA. In fact that's how it usually happens since the turboprop CAs are paid less than the jet CAs.

You can not go from jet FO to turboprop FO...

You also can not go from jet CA to turboprop CA.

I'm not sure why they have this rule, but that's what it is...

Ok well I guess I had the right idea but yeah. I only half way payed attention to their recrutment lectures when they would come through the school. Thanks for the clarity.

During training Eagle pays 65 hours/month at $23.51. They also give you 15 hours/day per diem at $1.60. They pay for hotel also. Health benefits (they're quite good at AMR) start 30 days after your first day in class. As of recently, people are moving into the left seat at Eagle. By the end of June or July, we'll have put about 60 people to the left side since April. Movement is still relatively slow for now, though.

What happens if you can't make the callout time due to traffic? According to mapquest the drive to ORD would be 1+36. With other factors added in (bus, walk, etc), it would probably put it right at 2hrs with no traffic. Is this probably too far away, or should I spend 18hrs a day at Starbucks in S. Milwaukee? :)

Every Pinnacle pilot I know can't wait to leave. The only ones staying are the ones with families from the bases and who are not commuting. Staying and putting up with Pinnacle is less stress than commuting to another regional or moving the family.

If you were not born and raised in MSP, DTW, or MEM then you will more than likely be pretty frustrated.

Every CA I have flown with does not like being at Pinnacle. Just the truth.

(Except for about 3 or 5)

FCPhotography said:
Every Pinnacle pilot I know can't wait to leave. The only ones staying are the ones with families from the bases and who are not commuting. Staying and putting up with Pinnacle is less stress than commuting to another regional or moving the family.

If you were not born and raised in MSP, DTW, or MEM then you will more than likely be pretty frustrated.

Every CA I have flown with does not like being at Pinnacle. Just the truth.

(Except for about 3 or 5)

How hard is it to get DTW as a base? Jsut wondering in case my regional goes TU.

You will probably get DTW right away if you want it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back