Eagle Jet International and Ameriflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WMUSIGPI said:
Had I known there would have been such a crash in the market I would have gone to school to be an electrical engineer and my dad would have got me a $100 k job a GM right out of school, then I could have bought my own plane and fly for fun. I didn't buy into this job to wallow at 10 to 15 k as a flight instructor for years working obscenely long days.

For your information. I no longer have any desire to work at an airline. Way to unstable and pay is dropping like a brick. I would much rather fly for a large corporation at this point.

Anyone got a kleenex for this guy?
Listen to him. "My Daddy could have got me a 100K job.' Wahhhh. B.S. I've spent my time in MI and know people at the automakers and not too many people get that kind of starting salary right out of school. Fresh grads are pretty worthless because they lack real experience and need a lot of training. Maybe you can get your Daddy to buy a big corporation and put you in charge of the flight department.
I've got news for you bucko. A lot of those corporate jobs aren't much more stable than the airlines. When a company starts losing money guess what gets sold off in a hurry? Also you've got fractionals swooping in and grabbing flying that used to be done by the flight department.
Do us all a favor and go back to school for that engineering degree. Then you can be another weekend warrior that we can complain about when he can't communicate properly with ATC. You don't sound like you have a place in this industry.
Sincerely,
A guy that did some wallowing for 10-15K as a CFI for too long

I was just following the lead of the retard who could have gotten a job making 100K right out of school. Guess I won't do that again.

OK back on subject. You say that the time eagle jet offers isn't legal to log because everything is single pilot. The FBO I used to teach at (before closing the flight school and charter dep.) Flew a C-425 conquest which was a single pilot airplane but required a copilot per it's 135 operations manual. therefor it was legal to log sic when on 135 legs. also last time I checked a learjet required 2 pilots per the a/c certification. So if I flew copilot in a lear reguardless of which regs flying under I could log sic.
As far as noone counting this time cause it's not paid flying. I work with a number of people that have taken "free flights" flying for angel flight, one got to fly a 421 to florida for his dad's company (no pay), some have offered to fly copilot for free around the cargo airports just to get flight time. does that mean they all are unhirable too? what is the difference buying 100 hours in a seminole or 100 hours in a king air other than the king air time is generally thought of as "better time" cause it is tubine time? why should it matter if the seminole is rented from an FBO and the king air is bought through eagle jet? EITHER WAY IT IS BUYING FLIGHT TIME.....JUST LIKE YOU DID AT LEAST TIL YOU GOT YOUR COMMERCIAL CERT.

About legality: As long as the 135 operator has it in their Ops Specs that an SIC is a required crewmember, then you can log SIC time legally. If this requirement is not in the Ops Specs, then SIC in a piston is a joke. Eagle Jet contracts with many different operators and I'm not sure if all of them have SIC requirements in their Ops Specs. I'd look into it if I were you. Don't just assume that Eagle Jet has taken care of all legalities.

About Eagle Jet: About a year ago a friend of mine was thinking about going to Eagle Jet. I was a flight instructor at the school he was getting his ratings at and I had just gotten the job offer from Pinnacle, so he asked for my advice. I flew down with him to Miami to talk to the marketing people at Eagle Jet. I was not very impressed.

There is no pay while you are in their "program." They have no figures about washout rates from the different programs. They give no promises of jobs or even interviews when the time you payed for is complete. They don't guarantee you any timeframe that you will finish your hours in. In short, it is a very shady operation. I'd avoid it if I were you.

thanks for real answers instead of just going off the deep end about "pft" But that still leaves me without any known way to slip my foot into the door of something beyond flight instruction in a 172... There are no multiengine planes anywhere around me for rent, and the planes at the university I work at only 3 insructors get to teach in. (I'm not one of them, still have 4 others with higher seniority to get the slot before me and I've been there, with my MEI from the start, for 2+ years) and the university will not rent out the multiengine planes except to the students for syllabus instruction.

What about pay for jobs info online sites like jetjobs and airapps?
are these a bunch of crap too?

WMUSIGPI said:
There are no multiengine planes anywhere around me for rent, and the planes at the university I work at only 3 insructors get to teach in. (I'm not one of them, still have 4 others with higher seniority to get the slot before me and I've been there, with my MEI from the start, for 2+ years) and the university will not rent out the multiengine planes except to the students for syllabus instruction.

Hey there whiny snivelly kid,
Why don't you get off your lazy arse and move somewhere where there are better opportunities? Most of us have moved many times for this career path. I don't know if anyone has let you in on this secret but there are 47 other states in CONUS plus HI and Alaska. In this profession you sometimes have to move where the work is.
I'm pretty sure you're single because most women won't put up with someone so whiny so you probably don't have anything tying you down. Or perhaps you don't want to move very far from your Mommy. Here kid, have a lolipop, it'll be OK.
Quit with the excuses already. You're just trying to rationalize a stupid decision and a bunch of us are wasting our keystrokes on you. Listen to all the poeple that have posted trying to enlighten you.

I ran into some Eagle Jet people when I worked at Ameriflight. Many were foreigners, but some were Americans which was pretty surprising.

The deal, at least at Ameriflight, was you'd get an SIC checkout (in a Chieftain?!), and you'd be assigned to a flight. Now, an interesting thing is if you didn't show up, the flight would go without you. So much for the "required crewmember."

As for getting hired by Ameriflight afterwards, that was a big NEGATIVE. If you got hired directly by AMF as a captain-intern, you'd get paid for the same thing that EJI people were paying for. The difference was that as a captain-intern you'd have a PIC job waiting for you when you broke 1200 hours and/or met the FAR 135 mins.

In short... EJI is a WASTE OF MONEY!!!

Oh and WMU... if you meet the minimums of FAR 135.243(c), there is work if you are willing to move. Don't be shy to start in a single engine airplane and get into a twin in a couple of months. A few examples are Flight Express. Check them out at http://www.flightexpress.com

Another place is Ram Air Freight. http://www.ramairfreight.com

Many places don't advertise... you just need to be persistant and you'll eventually get paid to build your multi time. I had 8 hours multi and a bare multiengine rating when I got my first twin job.

Last edited:
Freight Dog said:

The deal, at least at Ameriflight, was you'd get an SIC checkout (in a Chieftain?!), and you'd be assigned to a flight. Now, an interesting thing is if you didn't show up, the flight would go without you. So much for the "required crewmember."

Hey Freight Dog,
Is it true that Ameriflight would bump the SIC if there was more freight than usual? Someone told me that the SIC would get bumped for weight and balance reasons and get stranded somewhere and have to find his own way home.
That is too funny. I can understand the foreigners doing the SIC gig since other countries lack the flying opportunities here in the good ole USA.

embdrvr said:
Hey Freight Dog,
Is it true that Ameriflight would bump the SIC if there was more freight than usual? Someone told me that the SIC would get bumped for weight and balance reasons and get stranded somewhere and have to find his own way home.
That is too funny. I can understand the foreigners doing the SIC gig since other countries lack the flying opportunities here in the good ole USA.

Yep.. while i haven't seen them leave someone at the outstation, I've seen them get bumped in BUR at night. Most outstations have a layover apartment, so if an SIC gets bumped, they'd probably let them stay in the apartment till the next day. It would definitely suck if it was the last flight of the week, though.

Latest resources

Back