• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Jet International and Ameriflight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so I take it you guys have the same opinions on the lear or citation courses that eagle jet offers? Considering I can't meet any companies insurance minimums to get hired as a corporate f/o because I can't get any one to let me build any time in a jet, I can't even get a job instructing in a light piston twin because I don't have enough multiengine dual given time. how the hell else is someone supposed to get the insurance requirements without buying into a company like eagle jet

The same way the rest of us did. You work for it, not buy it.

Nobody buys that poor little rich kid crap. If you have the money to buy into Eagle Jet schemes, go rent a plane and build some multi-time, then go get a job.

Eagle Jet

For a while when times were good for pilots a guy with Gulfstream or Eagle Jet background could slip through the cracks and get hired by a quality regional. They way things are now everyone is very picky about who gets called for an interview much less getting a job offer. Noone in the hiring department is under any pressure to fill classes. There are 100 times more applicants than positions and filling a class is easy to do. If you go through a program like Eagle Jet or Gulfstream many of us will not have much respect for you and do whatever we can to keep you from getting in the door. Why set yourself up for failure? If you pursue a more traditional route all doors will be open to you.
When you interview for an airline position at least one or two, possibly more captains will evaluate you. Their recommendations generally carry a lot of weight. My guess is that all airlines pretty much require consensus from everyone on the interview team before you get an offer. Do you really think that you'll ever encounter 2 or 3 pilots that would actually want to hire someone who whored himself out? One might be sympathetic......Are you a betting man?

cry me a friggin' river

WMUSIGPI said:
so I take it you guys have the same opinions on the lear or citation courses that eagle jet offers? Considering I can't meet any companies insurance minimums to get hired as a corporate f/o because I can't get any one to let me build any time in a jet, I can't even get a job instructing in a light piston twin because I don't have enough multiengine dual given time. how the hell else is someone supposed to get the insurance requirements without buying into a company like eagle jet

If you have that kind of money you could go into a partnership on an old PA-23 that you can run on mogas. I knew a couple of guys that did that back in the early 90's. You can get a few 100 hrs and then get most of your investment back. I got a good deal on some block time from one of them. I know guys that have been hired by 135 outfits with very little twin time and they started out flying a Lance or 210 then worked their way up. Some even got VFR 135 jobs. Some of them ended up at Southwest, Frontier and of course all the better regionals. If you hunt around you may be able to find a FBO or flight school with more liberal experience requirements. I travelled from airport to airport to airport knocking on doors resume in hand when I had 500TT in my logbook. I hung out in Vegas bugging Canyon outfits. My first job offer for something other than instructing was in the middle of nowhere. Yeah you might have to move and make some sacrifices. Noone is buying this whining routine of how tough it is if you don't buy seatwarming time. I had a copilot once that was from one of those programs. He only lasted a few weeks. Couldn't fly his way out a wet paper bag and had a crappy attitude and felt overly entitled.

I have more apps out than I can keep track of. On average I actually get a reply from about 1 in every 20 I send out, all saying not hiring we'll keep you in mind in case we do in a couple months (dropped off yet another resume today at a place I've been warned is a lousy place to fly at just to try to get something that pays). I'd take anything right now not involving flight instruction. I was a top notch pilot when I passed my CFI ride.... now I couldn't fly to double pts standards cause I never get to touch the controls. The school I work at has obsurd weather minimums. (how many commercial ops would work in michigan with restrictions to 1000 + ceiling? even for IFR training) if the wind is at 30 knots everything quits even if it's right down the runway. wind chill below -20, sorry. I'm wating for someone to yell at me for trying to fly when the sun is shining because I might get snow blindness. The excuses to not fly around here are obsurd. I probably wouldn't care a bit if I were on salary but if I don't fly I don't eat. I need any chance to get hands on time again. Unfortunately I can't get anyone to throw me a bone. Before 9-11 everyone seemed to jump on a 1000 hour guy with or without much multi time. I've been at my employer for over 2 years and haven't had a chance at even 1 tenth of multi time instructing or transport trip. I've been stuck on 140 multi for 6 months now since every multi for public rent has been taken off line within 100 miles of here. If I am going to buy multi time why not buy turbine multi instead of Seminole or Seneca I? No one will let me touch a turbine besides eagle jet hell noone will even let me touch a seminole right now.

WMUSIGPI said:
IBefore 9-11 everyone seemed to jump on a 1000 hour guy with or without much multi time.

Yep those years were an anomaly. Get over it. Many of us worked for years flying singles before getting a break. I remember guys with over 6,000 hours flying single engine piston freight because there were simply no jobs except for PFT with the regionals.
What you have to realize is that this industry is cyclical. This is a down cycle. In the early and mid 90's lots of guys walked away from aviation completely. Some came back during the boom and others kept their day jobs. Some just kept plugging along.
Even if you buy some turbine time from a scammer like Eagle Jet who do you think will hire you? Almost everyone sees right through that nonsense.
How many days have you spent knocking on doors at airports? I'm not talking about mailing in a resume. I'm talking face to face. Every employer has a four foot stack of resumes. Sometimes if you show up in person you'd be amazed. Have you been out to the skydiving operations? Do you have any mechanical ability? I got some part time work doing a little Pt 91 corp flying and helping the mechanics most of the time. I've seen freight operators start a guy out driving parcels on the ground for an hourly wage and letting him pick up some time on Pt 91 legs.
Be creative. Don't just wallow around in self pity making excuses.
You asked why you should buy piston time when you could be buying turbine time from Eagle Jet. The difference is called PIC. Being SIC in a single pilot operation is meaningless. Whoopee. You got to pull the gear handle and talk on the radio and maybe fly if the PIC wasn't worried about you killing him or getting him violated. I've been there. It's more work to babysit someone like you than it is to do the flying myself. I know it sounds harsh but that's reality.
Now go out and start knocking on some doors.

Don't give me that "If I don't fly I don't eat" BullSh!t. If you have $16,000 grand to shove up your arse then you should keep it and buy some food. You are not going to get any symphathy around here buddy. We have all had rough times. We all starved instructing, flying traffic watch or pipline. You need to quit being a pu$$y and go find a job or get the hell out of aviation.

You have 1500 hours and by your own admission can't fly within double the PTS. You don't deserve a job. Shut Up, you are giving me a headache.

Loser!

The excuses to not fly around here are obsurd

Your excuses for wanting to whore yourself out by PFTing are obsurd. Go get a job.

Quit holding back

Hey Hopeful,
Why don't you tell him how you really feel. I get the impression you're holding back. LOL

Ok first off I don't have $15000 to throw around, I'm about $30000 in the hole thanks to Western Michigan U. During my student days I was one of the best pilots there, got my instrument and commercial with 141 minimum times. anyway that was 3 years ago. since I satarted instructing I've probably only flown hands on about 15 hours. I spent all my money buying that 100 hours of multi time before september 11 expecting to get a job at 800 to 1000 and 100. I hit 800 on sep 11, the resume never had a chance to be sent in. Had I known there would have been such a crash in the market I would have gone to school to be an electrical engineer and my dad would have got me a $100 k job a GM right out of school, then I could have bought my own plane and fly for fun. I didn't buy into this job to wallow at 10 to 15 k as a flight instructor for years working obscenely long days.

For your information. I no longer have any desire to work at an airline. Way to unstable and pay is dropping like a brick. I would much rather fly for a large corporation at this point. And every one I have talked to has said find some way to build a few hundred hours in something we fly then come talk to us. With them it has been an insurance issue every time. I don't meet insurance requirements without time in type. I can't get time in type because I don't meet insurance requirements. HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE GET THE TIME TO MEET INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS WITHOUT THE TIME TO MEET INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS??????????????????

Man, you really don't get it do you? I'll let you in on a little secret that you should have learned back when you were "one of the best pilots" in flight school...THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS IN AVIATION! Quit being such a pu$$y and grab some sack - or just quit. I really don't care.

Latest resources

Back