• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Desperate now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Learflyer and flyboy get it. It isn't the minimums or supposed lack of candidates. It is the horse ******************** wages you guys are working for. Demand descent pay and there will be no shortage of qualified applicants.

I haven't flown in 15 months and still won't consider such embarrassing pay as what you get.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

what is it with eagle. I remember last wave they had the lowest mins i think it was 300 and even paid for rj training and guaranteed a base.

and as a 10,000 hour pilot with 4 type rating, I could not get an interview at AE in 1996 because I did not have 500 hours in the previous 12 months, I only had 370 in the TC-690

I have been inundated by all of them, but refuse to go back to SHAMEFUL 1st year pay. I'll stay current and qualified overseas until the day comes, if ever, that US wages are where they should be. Unfortunately, it isn't just our industry. It's medicine, engineering, service sectors and more. Why pay an American engineer $75,000 when someone from India, Pakistan or any of a dozen other countries will do it for $30,000? It's corporate greed and the widening of the gap between those that have and those that have not.

As other posters have correctly stated, there always will be plenty of QUALIFIED applicants.

We all have to draw a line in the sand or continue to suffer ever more harsh consequences.

Most of the regionals lately have been filling about 1/2 their classes, from what I have read on these boards. Regionals, as well as China, KAL, Emirates, Qatar, etc. are quite desperate, and the pilot hiring tsunami has only just begun.

Just read about a guy who tried really hard, and only got 1 interview, with AAEagle last year. Just now, he has been called/emailed by 4 regionals, some multiple times, to come and interveiw ASAP.

AA, who has not hired for the longest time of any US carrier, announced that they will burn through all 1800 of their furloughees and be recalling this year.

cliff
MIA

all part of the 2012 hiring boom predicted back in 2009

Then there are the jet4jobs deals. Your job gets outsourced to the lowest bidder, you were making $78 an hr and lose your job and are offered one by a regional for $31 hr, less than 1/2 of what you were making. Add insult to the equation, you were once a Captain at said outfit 15 yrs prior, prior to the rj onslaught. That sucks. There are plenty of qualified pilots, but not enough qualified pay. Hopefully this will cause wages to go up!

AA, who has not hired for the longest time of any US carrier, announced that they will burn through all 1800 of their furloughees and be recalling this year.
Must've missed that announcement. Nothing's been announced beyond the flowthroughs that I've read.

Must've missed that announcement. Nothing's been announced beyond the flowthroughs that I've read.

Had a AA Captain on the JS yesterday and he said the rumor going around is they will be hiring off the street by this fall/early next year. FWIW.

Latest resources

Back