Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

on autopilot

Go ahead, pull my finger.
So I hear Eagle is sending out notices to people to come and apply via airlinesapps.com. What's the story over there? Are they getting desperate? Even lower mins?

Eagle isnt a stable rock solid place anymore since the company announced they want to get rid of us. Mega-Regionals like Skywest/ASA/XJT, Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan, RAH/CHQ/Shuttle are the places of future stability.

Trying to hire a lot of people in 2011, and lowered the mins from 1000/100 to 800/100, but its still not attracting enough applicants.

Compass is having lots of trouble filling ours as well. The problem we have is all new hires must meet atp mins! Just think this is how it will be everywhere when the new rules kick in.

If the above is true, that is really surprising. I would have ASSumed that the regionals would have NO problem filling classes in this environment.

Is that in your pilot contract? If it is, I wonder what they'll offer you guys in exchange for "fixing it."

yes it is in our contract. Every new hire is PIC type rated in our aircraft.

I have also suspected they will offer us something for it as well but then again why? The rule changes will be in effect soon and everyone will be dealing with the same thing.

The problem is no Americans are going through flight training. Banks have stopped lending student pilots money as well. It is a good thing all around to help control the amount of people entering the profession.

If the above is true, that is really surprising. I would have ASSumed that the regionals would have NO problem filling classes in this environment.

Lots of out of work pilots and furloughed guys looking for jobs, but not willing to start at $23/hr. I dont blame them.

Latest resources

Back