• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle Air Med

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, and if you really want to live it up, you can drive to Gallup. (No offense to my good friends at Gallup Flying Service).

You know when you are in a low point in life when you drive to Gallup to have fun.

Canyon de Chelly is quite nice this time of year.

I drove across the res last night, around 0300, and kept coming across burning cars. Someone was lighting off cars along the roadside. Each one I came to was fully involved, nobody around. I phoned it in. Slow night on the reservation.

Ahhh the desert southwest. You know Bug, the point of the burning cars is to provide nighttime lighting for that gorgeous landscape.

What I can't figure out is the broken beer bottles on the runway. Have they cleaned up 5V5 yet? How is ZUN doing these days?

Ahhh the desert southwest. You know Bug, the point of the burning cars is to provide nighttime lighting for that gorgeous landscape.

What I can't figure out is the broken beer bottles on the runway. Have they cleaned up 5V5 yet? How is ZUN doing these days?

Wonder if they are still breaking runway lights at Zuni and sitting out on the runway on cinder blocks when drinking.

Nothing like lining up to take off out of Zuni and having to get OUT of the airplane to tell the kids not play on the runway!

Or in crownpoint when the cops were drag racing down the runway.......

As for eagleair med... I know a few guys who have liked it ok. Living in Gallup was hard enough let alone out in BFE.

They have a new airport and a paved runway at Chinle now. Not so when I flew there. Mud, thick, red mud. The kids used to sit at the end of the runway and shoot us when we flew over. Something different than shooting the dog packs.

Personally, I think it's a pretty landscape.

The runway at Chinle used to be 60 watt lightbulbs in expanded metal cages, and the locals would steal the bulbs for home use. Horses on the runway was common. Then again, down on the San Carlos res, we had to chase the locals off the runway in the morning and evening before we could land. And we had to clean out the airplanes after every flight, every stitch of gear, because it would walk off at a slow run.

I stood next to one of those cars as it burned, glanced down at my feet, at a stream of melted auto running downhill, and surveyed the interior. No bodies. Or nothing apparent, anyway. They tend to char on the outside, and keep their form, like badly cooked meat...not the clean crematorium ashes that they tell you is uncle charlie (and really isn't). Nobody there.

I got to thinking about all the times I've pulled off on one of those little dirt roads to rest for an hour or two, and then got to picturing someone stealing the gas before breaking the window and dropping in a molative cocktail. There are better ways to wake up in the middle of nowhere.

Eagle Air Medical

They have a new airport and a paved runway at Chinle now. Not so when I flew there. Mud, thick, red mud. The kids used to sit at the end of the runway and shoot us when we flew over. Something different than shooting the dog packs.

Personally, I think it's a pretty landscape.

The runway at Chinle used to be 60 watt lightbulbs in expanded metal cages, and the locals would steal the bulbs for home use. Horses on the runway was common. Then again, down on the San Carlos res, we had to chase the locals off the runway in the morning and evening before we could land. And we had to clean out the airplanes after every flight, every stitch of gear, because it would walk off at a slow run.

I stood next to one of those cars as it burned, glanced down at my feet, at a stream of melted auto running downhill, and surveyed the interior. No bodies. Or nothing apparent, anyway. They tend to char on the outside, and keep their form, like badly cooked meat...not the clean crematorium ashes that they tell you is uncle charlie (and really isn't). Nobody there.

I got to thinking about all the times I've pulled off on one of those little dirt roads to rest for an hour or two, and then got to picturing someone stealing the gas before breaking the window and dropping in a molative cocktail. There are better ways to wake up in the middle of nowhere.
I would have to agree

Run, run far away! I was a pilot with Eagle Air Med until last week when the D.O. gave me the option of flying an aircraft with a known grounding discrepancy or being terminated. I won't break the law so I was fired. All previous posts are correct. The maintenance is shoddy, the pay is only good if you work 25 days a month -which you will be required to because they're short pilots (because of the way pilots are treated and the crappy life on the rez.) The FAA, CAMTS, and OSHA are now all investigating. Don't jump on a sinking ship.

Run, run far away! I was a pilot with Eagle Air Med until last week when the D.O. gave me the option of flying an aircraft with a known grounding discrepancy or being terminated. I won't break the law so I was fired. All previous posts are correct. The maintenance is shoddy, the pay is only good if you work 25 days a month -which you will be required to because they're short pilots (because of the way pilots are treated and the crappy life on the rez.) The FAA, CAMTS, and OSHA are now all investigating. Don't jump on a sinking ship.

I was going to tell you about a air21 legal judgement, but I see you already found it. :) A company like EAM should really know better than to pull stuff like that.

Latest resources

Back