• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

eagle / aca launching partnership?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am will to put my next paycheck up for a wager but I am positive that ACA does not do any Line Maintenance on our aircraft. Our current heavy maintenance bases are in Abliene Tx, Marquette MI, and San Luis Obispo CA. As for B check the list is quite numberous ie CHM, CLE, DFW, ORD etc. Now as for contract maintenance that list is extremely extensive. My educated professional opinion would be that since APA and AMR have reached an agreement to basically dilute scope they are going to sell off the 135's and concentrate on 145's and 140's. For all those who are writting the history books recall the 135's came on to AMR only because the ERJ 140 was still being designed and approved by the Federal Avaition Adminstration to help AMR squeek under the 45 seat APA scope clause!! (the EMB 140 is a 44 seat version of the EMB 145ER).
For all those ACA guys looking out for these aircraft be advised that the Eagle 135 are N numbers starting with 7, the Eagle 140 start with 8 and the 145's start with 6's (ie 700LE, 800AE, and 600BK now gone to Trans States)

Please ACA guys keep us informed of what is going on in IAD we need to know so the laywers can keep busy!! Thanks for your information concerning this matter.

No ScAAbs!

I really wouldn't read too much into all this, guys and gals. When I went through training in November, there was an Eagle ERJ in the IAD hangar being worked on at that time. I believe AMR simply "rents" the hangar space on an as needed basis in order to perform light maintenance. Of course if there were something else in the works, particularly something that will get me recalled, I'm all for it.

Who really knows what the heck is going on these days.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back