• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

smellthejeta

The plane I solo'd in
Folks,

Is American Eagle and ACA launching a partnership? Today, an Eagle EMB-135 was seen all day on the ACA mx ramp in front of the hangar at IAD (near the threshold for 19R). The tail number was 643AE, I think. I heard Tom Moore was seen around the aircraft with a bunch of other guys in suits. What gives? Anybody know?

At least ACA hasn't lowered the industry standard by taking concessions.

At least the pilots are standing up at aca and not believing that the company isn't making money.

What about all those years managment was rolling in the money.

blueridgers won't give in and acccept a food stamp pay wage just to fly bigger jets.

Thank god there are companies out there like aca and others willing to stand up to managment.

No, there's nothing up ACA's sleeve...

ACA has had the contract to do maintenance on Eagle's ERJ's for quite some time now. When I went through systems class and we went to the mx hangar, there were 2 Eagle jets in the hangar getting worked on. If I recall, I think the arrangement might be that ACA just leases space in the hanger for them to work on them. Maybe we provide mechanics too, but not so sure on that. So occassionally, the ERJ's are parked outside too.

Hope this clarifies this rumor...'cause there just ain't one there!

CRJ puppy said:
No, there's nothing up ACA's sleeve...

ACA has had the contract to do maintenance on Eagle's ERJ's for quite some time now. When I went through systems class and we went to the mx hangar, there were 2 Eagle jets in the hangar getting worked on. If I recall, I think the arrangement might be that ACA just leases space in the hanger for them to work on them. Maybe we provide mechanics too, but not so sure on that. So occassionally, the ERJ's are parked outside too.

Hope this clarifies this rumor...'cause there just ain't one there!

Did you have to ruin a perfectly good rumor so quick with a reasonable explanation? Now, about that 717 that was on the ramp last week........;)

Last edited:
Senator,

I have no knowledge of a 717...

Hell, Senator...I'm not even sure what an airplane is.

But on the other hand...about those Concorde people at HQ last week...something about getting a favorable lease term starting this fall????

;)

Not that it matters, but just in case anyone is a stickler for detail...

If you saw N643AE, then it was a 145.

The 135's all start with a 7 as the first number; the 145's start with a 6; and the 140's start with an 8.

:D :D :D

OK Bright Guy, then how come the tail number was N364BR?!!!
Looks to me like something IS up.

Just kidding, sorry. Couldn't resist the fun.

Maybe they're gonna to ram it into ACA's hanger like they did to ours in CMH.:D

Latest resources

Back