• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E170 mins at CHQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I really wasn't trying to compare Colgan and Chq. I am highlighting a regrettable mentality, one of "things could be worse." This absolutely could be, but please don't suggest that this leads to any progress, contrarily it leads to mediocrity among our work group.

Half the people on this board are just jealous, don't get too fired up about moronic statements about CHQ payscale its better than over half the other regionals out there and they know it. Theyre just pissed because they know it'll be a million more years before they see the left seat of that P.O.S CRJ they're tooling around in.

ERJDRVR2 said:
1500/300 for the E170

less for the E145.

So if you have these times are they most likely going to throw you in the 170 or is it still just chance to what they decide to put you in? When do you find out your aircraft designation...once they notifiy you you have been hired I assume?

3blade said:
Half the people on this board are just jealous, don't get too fired up about moronic statements about CHQ payscale its better than over half the other regionals out there and they know it. Theyre just pissed because they know it'll be a million more years before they see the left seat of that P.O.S CRJ they're tooling around in.

Well said. Our 190 captain rates actually top out higher than Jet Blues if you compare the pay scales. I'll answer another question because I know someone will ask that next: Do I think they should be flown at a regional level? He11 no but unfortunately it's going to happen.

Irish Pilot said:
So if you have these times are they most likely going to throw you in the 170 or is it still just chance to what they decide to put you in? When do you find out your aircraft designation...once they notifiy you you have been hired I assume?

I think a lot of it has to do with prior 121 experience also. Everyone in my 170 class had previous 121 time.

The CHQ Captain rates are about industry average. The FO rates are all the same. When the contract was negotiated, growth was rapid. The FO's at the time are all Captains now (or can hold captain). They tried to improve other parts of the contract.

I think in the next contract, as growth slows down, we will see a better FO pay scale. Remember in the last contract CHQ had to defeat the company wanting to start alter-ego airlines to outsource flying.

mwmav8r01 said:
Come on you cannot compare Colgan to CHQ. 1900 pay is $20 with no per diem, no contract, no nothing. CHQ isnt the greatest but its not Colgan.

I'm not trying to defend Colgan, but please tell me what in your contract is so great that, in your opinion, justifies a mere $2/hr difference between someone flying 19 passengers and someone with 70+. Great duty rigs and trip rigs, duty times less than that mandated by the FAA?

Seriously, I'm curious. The one very good work rule about CHQ that I have heard is that vacation and sick time all come from the same bank. That's a great deal for people that rarely call in sick.

And other regionals pay better starting out? Look at ASA and Skywest.

Hey cool breeze, check your facts on pay at ASA vs CHQ on 70's...I will let you win the "I am studlier than you" arguement, I don't want to bruise that ego you guys are throwin' around here.

Latest resources

Back