• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

E170 mins at CHQ

proud_dude

Total Time
I'm not 100 % sure, but I believe it is ATP minima. I'm sure someone at CHQ will chime in.

Bdfg1

Total Time
Current mins are the willingness to fly it for food stamp wages.

RP170

Total Time
Bdfg1 said:

And other regionals pay better starting out? Look at ASA and Skywest.

dwstl2327

Total Time
enough
WOW... they have a website, it has lots of info on it:

QUALIFYING TIME:

1500 Total Time (Fixed Wing)
300 MEL

In addition candidates for Embraer 170 must also meet the following requirements:

Must be at least 23 years of age.

500 Cross Country
100 Night Flying
75 Actual or Simulated* Instrument Time

http://www.flychautauqua.com/

StarChecker

Warp this...
Total Time
Enough
Bdfg1 said:

My, how clever....douche.

Baronman

Total Time
>8K

I have yet to post on CHQ but this comment has left me stunned. Hey what the hell, you make a little more that a guy flying a 1900 at Colgan, should you be happy about this?

"Well, I fly a 170 for CHQ...but at least I make a buck more than a guy flying a 1900." This is what is sounds like to me.

Your 170/190 pay is a joke. Period. Just keep quiet now.

mwmav8r01

Total Time
I have yet to post on CHQ but this comment has left me stunned. Hey what the hell, you make a little more that a guy flying a 1900 at Colgan, should you be happy about this?

"Well, I fly a 170 for CHQ...but at least I make a buck more than a guy flying a 1900." This is what is sounds like to me.

Your 170/190 pay is a joke. Period. Just keep quiet now.

Come on you cannot compare Colgan to CHQ. 1900 pay is $20 with no per diem, no contract, no nothing. CHQ isnt the greatest but its not Colgan.

Baronman

Total Time
>8K
I really wasn't trying to compare Colgan and Chq. I am highlighting a regrettable mentality, one of "things could be worse." This absolutely could be, but please don't suggest that this leads to any progress, contrarily it leads to mediocrity among our work group.

3blade

Total Time
Half the people on this board are just jealous, don't get too fired up about moronic statements about CHQ payscale its better than over half the other regionals out there and they know it. Theyre just pissed because they know it'll be a million more years before they see the left seat of that P.O.S CRJ they're tooling around in.

Irish Pilot

What An Industry
Total Time
Enough
ERJDRVR2 said:
1500/300 for the E170

less for the E145.

So if you have these times are they most likely going to throw you in the 170 or is it still just chance to what they decide to put you in? When do you find out your aircraft designation...once they notifiy you you have been hired I assume?

RP170

Total Time
3blade said:
Half the people on this board are just jealous, don't get too fired up about moronic statements about CHQ payscale its better than over half the other regionals out there and they know it. Theyre just pissed because they know it'll be a million more years before they see the left seat of that P.O.S CRJ they're tooling around in.

Well said. Our 190 captain rates actually top out higher than Jet Blues if you compare the pay scales. I'll answer another question because I know someone will ask that next: Do I think they should be flown at a regional level? He11 no but unfortunately it's going to happen.

RP170

Total Time
Irish Pilot said:
So if you have these times are they most likely going to throw you in the 170 or is it still just chance to what they decide to put you in? When do you find out your aircraft designation...once they notifiy you you have been hired I assume?

I think a lot of it has to do with prior 121 experience also. Everyone in my 170 class had previous 121 time.

generaltso

Marcy Projects
Total Time
500hrs
The CHQ Captain rates are about industry average. The FO rates are all the same. When the contract was negotiated, growth was rapid. The FO's at the time are all Captains now (or can hold captain). They tried to improve other parts of the contract.

I think in the next contract, as growth slows down, we will see a better FO pay scale. Remember in the last contract CHQ had to defeat the company wanting to start alter-ego airlines to outsource flying.

cpierse

Chucklehead
Total Time
5000+
mwmav8r01 said:
Come on you cannot compare Colgan to CHQ. 1900 pay is $20 with no per diem, no contract, no nothing. CHQ isnt the greatest but its not Colgan.

I'm not trying to defend Colgan, but please tell me what in your contract is so great that, in your opinion, justifies a mere $2/hr difference between someone flying 19 passengers and someone with 70+. Great duty rigs and trip rigs, duty times less than that mandated by the FAA?

Seriously, I'm curious. The one very good work rule about CHQ that I have heard is that vacation and sick time all come from the same bank. That's a great deal for people that rarely call in sick.

Popeye0537

Total Time
die
Our planes don't blow up engines on a regular basis due to poor MX...its a big problem with Colgan.

S

SouthTex

Hey cool breeze, check your facts on pay at ASA vs CHQ on 70's...I will let you win the "I am studlier than you" arguement, I don't want to bruise that ego you guys are throwin' around here.

Mike man

Funk Master Flex
Total Time
5000+
Why is everyone bent out of shape over Chautauqua 70 seat pay?

What is the 70 seat pay at Skywest?