Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GuppyPuppy

Living the Dream
Could any of your E170 drivers out there tell me if your aircraft is Cat II certified?

Any special equipment that is needed to be Cat. II?

I used to fly the CRJ which is Cat. II. As far as I know we didn't have any extra equipment to make it a Cat. II aircraft.

Cheers!

GP

First of all, is not the A/C that is certified CAT II it is the operation certificate and the crew members that fly them that get certified within the company. ALL A/C that are produced for the purpose of commercial cargo and passenger transport are equipped with CAT II operations navaids as a certification requirement.

First of all, is not the A/C that is certified CAT II it is the operation certificate and the crew members that fly them that get certified within the company. ALL A/C that are produced for the purpose of commercial cargo and passenger transport are equipped with CAT II operations navaids as a certification requirement.

I believe you are wrong at Skywest all of our CRJ's were CatII equipped but we received some ex Indy air birds that did not have the second Radio Altimeter so they were not CatII certified, so yes an aircraft can come without the required components. The Aircraft and crew have to be certified.

ALL A/C that are produced for the purpose of commercial cargo and passenger transport are equipped with CAT II operations navaids as a certification requirement.

Sorry, DP, I don't disagree with you often, but I see no such requirement neither under 14 CFR Part 25 nor Part 121.

There was a rumor last year that they were going to certify us for cat II but the bean counters decided that it cost too much, for the cancellations, etc that it helps with.

The 170 is Cat 3a capable.

But, that is with certain options, right? Doesn't the aircraft require a third rudder servo?

Anyway...am I to understand then that two radar altimeters are part of the requirement for Cat II operations?

Which companies here in the USA operate the E170/190 to Cat II or III?

Thanks! So far some really good input.

GP

Latest resources

Back