E170 and Skywest?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

This is the 2nd time in 2 days I've seen this. At forst I thought it was a misprint but not twice in a row.....

United Airlines announced several new services to begin Feb. 8: Daily service between Knoxville and Denver operated by Skywest Airlines aboard Embraer 170s and CRJ700s,

So is Skywest purchasing E170's?
Cheers,
Sinca

How's SKW gonna get e170's by Feb? Aren't the future orders backlogged a while past that? havn't heard SKW placing an order yet? Getting a new fleet type up and running by then? Seems very unlikely?

Can't trust the media....they always screw up aviation reporting:

1) The engines were sputtering before the crash (of a BE-200).

2) The crash was caused by heavy fog (3 miles beyond the missed approach point).

3) The pilot (of the low-flying 737-200) was leaning out the cockpit window, yelling at people to get out of the way.

Pilots would be in training by now for a Feb. launch of the E170......I haven't heard a thing.

Your probably right, it is just a misprint in two different releases that has me miffed...........
I agree that the press is pathetic at getting information in our inustry correct!

Overheard this standing outside the Chief Pilots office:

Skywest will be getting the emb170s', but they'll be operated with pilots by the newly formed company named: "BOZOs'! See What Happens When You Don't Have A Contract Airlines".

crashpad said:
Overheard this standing outside the Chief Pilots office:

Skywest will be getting the emb170s', but they'll be operated with pilots by the newly formed company named: "BOZOs'! See What Happens When You Don't Have A Contract Airlines".

How would a contract right now stop management from starting another freedom or blow jets? If they want to they will, contract or no contract.

How many CBA's have been screwed lately, management has the power these days.

Purely just BSing here,

Ever thought about what would happen if all the pilots at ASA SKW etc.. finally got fed up enough and all at once, snapped, said F it and quit? Do ya think mngmnt would piss their pants?

I know I've thought it. I know it will never happen, but it makes me smile to think about sticking it to mngmnt that way.

AMF

GO AROUND said:
Purely just BSing here,

Ever thought about what would happen if all the pilots at ASA SKW etc.. finally got fed up enough and all at once, snapped, said F it and quit? Do ya think mngmnt would piss their pants?

I know I've thought it. I know it will never happen, but it makes me smile to think about sticking it to mngmnt that way.

AMF

With the latest neg update and the terrible scheduling I think about it more and more.

Latest resources

Back