E170 and Skywest?

Sinca3

Total Time
unknwn
This is the 2nd time in 2 days I've seen this. At forst I thought it was a misprint but not twice in a row.....

United Airlines announced several new services to begin Feb. 8: Daily service between Knoxville and Denver operated by Skywest Airlines aboard Embraer 170s and CRJ700s,

So is Skywest purchasing E170's?
Cheers,
Sinca

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
How's SKW gonna get e170's by Feb? Aren't the future orders backlogged a while past that? havn't heard SKW placing an order yet? Getting a new fleet type up and running by then? Seems very unlikely?

Papa Woody

Total Time
Can't trust the media....they always screw up aviation reporting:

1) The engines were sputtering before the crash (of a BE-200).

2) The crash was caused by heavy fog (3 miles beyond the missed approach point).

3) The pilot (of the low-flying 737-200) was leaning out the cockpit window, yelling at people to get out of the way.

Pilots would be in training by now for a Feb. launch of the E170......I haven't heard a thing.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
Maybe they just meant the CR7?

Sinca3

Total Time
unknwn
Your probably right, it is just a misprint in two different releases that has me miffed...........
I agree that the press is pathetic at getting information in our inustry correct!

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Total Time
+13000
Overheard this standing outside the Chief Pilots office:

Skywest will be getting the emb170s', but they'll be operated with pilots by the newly formed company named: "BOZOs'! See What Happens When You Don't Have A Contract Airlines".

CFIT

Gimme your money
Total Time
1:51pm
crashpad said:
Overheard this standing outside the Chief Pilots office:

Skywest will be getting the emb170s', but they'll be operated with pilots by the newly formed company named: "BOZOs'! See What Happens When You Don't Have A Contract Airlines".
How would a contract right now stop management from starting another freedom or blow jets? If they want to they will, contract or no contract.

How many CBA's have been screwed lately, management has the power these days.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
Purely just BSing here,

Ever thought about what would happen if all the pilots at ASA SKW etc.. finally got fed up enough and all at once, snapped, said F it and quit? Do ya think mngmnt would piss their pants?

I know I've thought it. I know it will never happen, but it makes me smile to think about sticking it to mngmnt that way.

AMF

AV8700

Total Time
GO AROUND said:
Purely just BSing here,

Ever thought about what would happen if all the pilots at ASA SKW etc.. finally got fed up enough and all at once, snapped, said F it and quit? Do ya think mngmnt would piss their pants?

I know I've thought it. I know it will never happen, but it makes me smile to think about sticking it to mngmnt that way.

AMF
With the latest neg update and the terrible scheduling I think about it more and more.

On Your Six

Total Time
If it's a misprint then that's just too bad for the Skywest people out there and the passengers. Those CR7s can't compare with the E170 in terms of passenger comfort and I hear from E170 pilots that it is an enjoyable aircraft to fly. Having flown on both recently, the CR7 just can't compare - not even close...

ilinipilot

Barely awake in Training
Total Time
The could be doing the route with some crj-700s operated by SKYW and emb 170s operated by SA. I have seen a mix of 700s and 170s on other routes like ORF.

This would make the paper half right

D

dinosaur secret agent
Total Time
They are Shi*taco's or Shi=tle America's or whoever they are now...

Republic Airways holding company, anyways, will be doing that flying....

It's only SLC __ CMH as far a I know...

Does everybody at Skywest have shiny Jet syndrome???????

Bluto

Total Time
>4000
Mr. Bond, I think Shuttle has EMB-170s, not CRJs.

Tomct

Total Time
11000+
:rolleyes:On U Six...you are killing me! YOU sound like someone with "Shinny Jet Syndrome!" They might be nice, but NOT for the CRAPPY PAY they are getting!

Dave Benjamin

an over 40 victim of fate
Total Time
5300+
SKYW does pretty much all of the UAX ground handling in DEN which might be causing the press to be confused. If I was placing bets they would not be for any Embraer jets appearing at SKYW. Just one guys opinion.

USC328

Total Time
6K+
I just talked to a fellow SkyWester yesterday just returning from 70 transition training. He mentioned that Atkin came in and spoke with them. I guess his tone was sounding like we already knew, but the books said both 700/900 and he mentioned we will have them by Jan/Feb. Guess there won't be E170, but rather the 900s with the lower seat configs (705). I heard this second hand info, but he is a very reliable source. Take it for what it's worth.

USC328