• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

E-190s at AWA/US Mainline?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, did this new agreement help the USAir/AWA mainline pilots, or hurt them? Sounds like they agreed to fly the E190s at mainline, but also gave Mesa many many more CR9s, which can carry 86 passengers. Where are the E190 orders at mainline? I thought CHQ had 25 on order?

Bye Bye--General Lee

So, did this new agreement help the USAir/AWA mainline pilots, or hurt them? Sounds like they agreed to fly the E190s at mainline, but also gave Mesa many many more CR9s, which can carry 86 passengers. Where are the E190 orders at mainline? I thought CHQ had 25 on order?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Help or hurt that is the question, too early to tell. 28 more CRJ900 like A/C, could be 170/175 or CRJ900, my guess the 170's. IMO Mesa is on the way out with USAirways, look for Air Wisc or other feeder to do a 1 for 1 exchange 50 to 170/CRJ900 (got to get rid of the 50's). USAirways has 25 options for 190's, possible delivery after 2008.

Green said:
Joe Merchant,

I find it funny how you keep referring to "your" flying. Would regionals exist without a mainline to service? Is there really such a thing as "your" flying? Independence Air is demonstrating how viable a regional is as a stand alone company.

Right on!

Heavy Set said:
This is a very simple message: regionals should NOT be flying 100 seat aircraft at lower regional wages. Instead, regional pilots who want to fly 100 seaters SHOULD APPLY to the majors/LCCs that will invariably offer higher long-term pay than the regionals.... Do you think CHQ will pay you more over time than a Jet Blue or Air Tran? Don't bring the 100-seat wage level down to regional levels - instead, keep 100 seater wages respectable and keep them in the majors (even though Jet Blue's E190 wage is too low - hopefully that will change in time).

Regional pilots who want to keep 100 seat flying should get off their a$$es and apply to the LCCs or mainline carriers that are hiring... That's my $0.02.

Excellent post!

What I don't understand is why we(awa) didn't try and capture the 170 flying in the transition agreement. They have been flown by midatlantic by furloughed mainline pilots and those from the CEL list, so why not keep them inhouse?

]

Starting at ML on the 170/190 you have somewhere to go up to. Once you're on that plane at a regional you're done. It's all about progression and I'd rather have an opportunity to progress at ML FROM a midsize jet, not at a regional TO a midsize jet.[/QUOTE]

In the late 80's early 90's AWA operated Dash 8 turbo props on their own
certificate and with their own flight and cabin crews (Imagine That!!) All those pilots that flew the mighty DeHavilland are pretty senior Capts flying our Boeing and Airbus aircraft today.

PHXFLYR:cool:

FlyinScotsman said:
I guess my gripe is with the pay rate. It is just perpetuating the problem that everyone in this thread is complaining about. The regional guy will just want to stay where he is and try to make life better and if that means taking mainline fly, planes etc. so be it. I don't agree, but that is the way I am seeing it right now it won't change a thing.

I posted this earlier in this thread and everyone is so frickin happy that the mainline guys are going to fly these E-190's, and the rate doesn't matter so much right now, that I don't think some of you are not thinking this through all of the way. I think it is wonderful to think that one could get hired on at a mainline carrier flying a (insert any 90-100 seat airplane) and end up flying something much larger and the larger pay to boot. I would love to be in that situation. The problem is with those low pay rates, not many are going to leave thier regional job or other flying job to fly for JetBlue or whomever, when all they have to do is stay at their regional and try to fight for more flying, bigger planes and higher pay. Unless JB and others are going to hire low time pilots into the E-190 like the regionals do. If that happens then, now we are talkin! If they still need 1000 PIC turbine etc. then what I have said before it won't change a thing as far as regionals wanting to keep and expand what they have and who cares.

The 170 fight is coming up.

And your going to lose!

You Little Knob Goblin - Haven't you learned the difference between YOUR and YOU'RE ???

And You're going to lose, Beyotch !!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back