• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DynCorp International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dyncorp will obtain a security clearance for you though it may take a few weeks to a few months depending on your background. Military experience is desired but they have hired people without it, as long as you have a 1900 type, clean record, and meet their other requirements you should have a shot to interview and get hired.

The pay is will most likely be over 100K per year, tax free, along with housing on a secure compound and payed tickets for the commute back to the States.

If you really want this job you need to be totally dedicated, there is a one year contract involved in order for you not to back out after learning what its really like over there. I'm sure you will enjoy the flying, but comparing it to the regular risks one may take when ordering a Big Mac at McDonalds may be a little short sighted on your part. You need to take a serious look at what your getting yourself into here, dozens of our service members are killed every month along with over 1,000 civilians so far this year. Don't let the money lure you in, that being said, if this is what you really want to do then go for it.

I wasn't suggesting the risk was equal here vs. there. I was just saying that everything in life has risks. Obviously there's a reason why the pay is what it is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that 1000 civilian casualty you mentioned consists mostly of Afghan civilians who doesn't have the same level of protection that foreign contractors do.

If I do go over there, I'm confident (and hope) that I can hack it. Especially in light of fact that our soldiers face far greater risk for a lot less money then any civilian contractor.

Especially in light of fact that our soldiers face far greater risk for a lot less money then any civilian contractor.

You might want to rethink that just a little. Especially where the "risk" is concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that...

Okay. You're wrong.

Hi!

I previously saw a job as a Caravan instructor pilot. Pay was $180-$240/year. They were having difficulty filling the position. Wonder why???

cliff
NBO

Any more information?

The two of you who got calls from DynCorp, did you accept the positions? I know they say don't discuss it but in what ballpark does the salary fall? Is the contract for Afghan or the drug work down south? Did they mention anything about helicopter pilots for the Department of State avaiation contract in Afghan?

I knew some of the RW pilots that flew for Blackwater when they had the contracts. Pretty strange dudes.

For the guy wanting to go to Afghan and take the risk: we have some employees living at camps in Afghanistan and they don't even have port-a-lets; they crap in a bag and burn it as soon as they are through. And you sleep with one ear open all night on an army-style cot. Delivery of materials and supplies is difficult due to harsh terrain and dangers along the route. So you may eat two meals during the day that are MREs. They wear protective body vest and kevlar helmets some days because the threat level goes up. Yes, you get a nice pay-check but you earn every penny of it.

If you haven't actually DONE this kind of work, i.e. ACTUALLY FLOWN in theater then you should STFU. I have never seen so much hearsay and rumor wrapped up in a thread on FI before...and that's saying something...

Latest resources

Back