• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DynCorp International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never seen so much hearsay and rumor wrapped up in a thread on FI before...and that's saying something...

I surely have, on many subjects. Particularly this subject, however...everybody seems to know something, and strangely enough, it's invariably wrong.

If you haven't actually DONE this kind of work, i.e. ACTUALLY FLOWN in theater then you should STFU. I have never seen so much hearsay and rumor wrapped up in a thread on FI before...and that's saying something...

I agree. You all have NO idea what hell you are talking about! But that is the norm for FI. The living conditions comment is actually quite comical.

Stay home, stay living pay check to pay check.

....oakb 1900

I know and flew with a few of the guys who are down in Kabul now, just getting their 1900's in country, I think it's for the Dyncorp/State gig (could be wrong, correct me if I am...sometimes the actual details get tangled in the vortex...?)....I think they mentioned an initial schedule of 90 days on, 15 off.....Ouch!.....Cots?....You can wake up, go to the coffee shop, work out in a huge gym, then eat at Burger King, then maybe do some flying......well, i guess Kabul doesnt have a B.K yet but some places do, you get the picture........

Do they still have the Thai restaurant at Kabul? That place was great.

Lai Thai?...The one on the old ISAF area?...not sure, it was good though, if we had extra ground time we'd run over there....they also had the same place but out in the city of kabul as well, same good food.....

Is dyncorp still looking for pilots overseas?

Here's a good resource for aviation contractor jobs:

http://www.secureaspects.com/jobboard/

You need to register first. It's linked to a security contractor forum and my best advice would be not to post on that forum until you totally understand what its about if you post at all.

Lai Thai?...The one on the old ISAF area?...not sure, it was good though, if we had extra ground time we'd run over there....they also had the same place but out in the city of kabul as well, same good food.....

They were moving from ISAF South to the new place on the north side near the Haji Mall Mart.

Latest resources

Back