DX J/S ver Pass Riding Process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really?

Cause the gate agent said that I needed to be in CASS but I called your dispatch office the night before and they said that I could jumpseat..
That is a shame that you have to go thru all that

propsarebest said:
Your problem in CVG wasn't because of SkyWest, itwas due to the gate agent. In cities where UA handles us, I have hard time getting thr jumpseat ON MY OWN AIRLINE!! TUS comes to mind.

True story. United in IND put a Trans States or Shuttle America pilot
that was a "mustride" to ORD in the Skywest jumpseat and told a
Skywest captain that was commuting that another UAX pilot
"mustride" already had the jumpseat. What kind of BS is that?
Try that on United and see how quickly you get booted off the
airplane when the crew finds out you are on COBUS. I honestly
think that United thinks that because they are paying for the
seats, that that includes the jumpseat and they can use it
however they want/need.

AA: I was at AE after 9/11, at ORD trying to get to DFW for work, so I try one of the 30 flights a day between ORD and DFW on AA. Gate agent gives me the 1W (boarding pass for the jumpseat), for the flight is full.

I head down and board when called, give the CA the 1W and my ID (certificate is on my ID necklace), and the CA says that "he doesnt carry Eagle, get off my airplane" I tell him I work for the Executive side, that our pilots cant take his job (for we only fly ATRs), and to have a nice flight. I traipse over to UA, and that captain bends over backward to get on in F.

ATA: On thanksgiving 2001, oversold ugly DFWMDW flight, captain let me and a WN captain commuting to work in an F/A jumpseat. Thay have 6 F/A seats, but only staff to 4 F/As.

WN: Pre 9/11, was heading between STL and MDW. Showed my ID and cert, and the captain retorted that since my ID didnt say "DISPATCHER" that I couldnt ride - was full in the back (our company IDs dont say what your title is - but crew IDs say CREW). Started carrying a release with my name on it after that. Since we are 121.547 legal to jumpseat, our IDs should say DISPATCHER just like CREW IDs say CREW.

I dont travel anymore. Just went to the DFW SABRE conference this past week. While it was fun, getting thru ORD, getting on the flights as an NRPS, was nothing but a complete and royal pain in the arse. Other than my mando rides, the next time I fly will be next year when I head to China for our adoption.

Dispatch Guy
I would see if whoever runs your OCC or the VP of Flt Ops can get
that changed. We had the same problem post 9/11 when the ID's
got reissued and finally got it changed to show job title.

MW

ID Badges

Ours says Flight ops ( same as Crew Skd, MOC and Load Control). I agree they should say Dispatcher on them. It makes it easier to get around. ..

Midnight Brit
Coming to you on ACARS 4 nights a week.

I think my ID badge says this:
Underpaid & Overworked but the CEO of my company will make almost 1.5 million dollars and he doesn't give a hoot about us.

Or it could just say Dispatcher.

Latest resources

Back