Duty days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HMR said:
Just another problem we don't have to deal with in our little jet at our little corp dept.

...sorry, have to get my digs in when I can.:)

.....diff strokes for diff folks :) most problems are manageable...and i am sure you have just as many problems. :)

550driver--I'll never again complain about my little ol' 10.5 hour "jaunts". ;) TC

G550Driver said:
First of all thanks to everyone for the links.

We just did a trip that started in Bali, Indonesia with a stop for refuel in Dubai, UAE then on to Germany with three guys. (17.5 Hours flight time). We basically looked at each other after the flight and said "this is Bull*&#t!!! Let's just say three tired stinky guys!

We have a trip scheduled for Tel Aviv to Buenos Aires and we are all trying to take vacation.

Again, thanks for the help.

17.5hrs flight + fuel stop = 21+hrs duty - ouch

You were borderline dangerous - IMHO

crew swap in Dubai. Easy to get to/from, safe, etc....

Its the only way! - Stop setting those standards or you will have to live up to them!

slowto250 said:
Gulfstream200's advice is correct. Add to that, a limit of 8 hours flight time for each pilot. Remember that these #'s are gleaned from pt. 135 regs. In a part 91 environment, it is, in spite of your claim to the contrary, pilots vs. owner.

Remind him of the federally mandated regs, and that they are a limit, not a target.

In part 135 a 2 pilot crew is limited to 10 hours, not 8. a single pilot crew an do 8.

I am with G-200 on this one.

Do you guys use a "penalty Rest" figure as well after a day like that?

400A said:
In part 135 a 2 pilot crew is limited to 10 hours, not 8. a single pilot crew an do 8.

I am with G-200 on this one.

Do you guys use a "penalty Rest" figure as well after a day like that?

My reference to 8 hours flight time was made regarding 3 pilot crews, not 2.
I believe Gulfstream200's response also assumed a 3 man crew.

It would probably be better for all concerned, if you didn't spend time chasing me or my posts around, in the hopes of tripping me up.

Just because I gave you a little spanking in a previous thread, does not give you license to misconstrue ( intentionally, or otherwise ) my meaning.

Lighten up, Francis ;-)

you guys gotta kiss and make up, you're starting to sound like fractional pilots.

;) .

Believe it not, when I was flying heavies in the USAF we had a two pilot 16 hour crew duty day that was waiverable to 18 hours. Augmented crew duty was 24 hours with 26 waiverable. Did a few of those 24 hour days and yes it blew and no it wasn't during wartime, just flying trash. It was common practice to place the cruise b*tch up front for the NOPAC/NAT crossings while the PIC slept, especially if you had to do one or more air refuelings. I'm sure being the front of a G550 for 12 hours is much better than the front of a C-141 or C-5 for 16 hours and two refuelings. The comraderie of the military is better than the corporate world, but you don't get shot at and the hotels are much better.

jet

Wow......exactly why I have no interest in ever flying a GV or something like that. I like being home and sleeping in my own bed too much.

I'll drive my little slowtation around and be happy. :) Just enough room to fit my Golf clubs :)

CapnVegetto said:
Wow......exactly why I have no interest in ever flying a GV or something like that. I like being home and sleeping in my own bed too much.

I'll drive my little slowtation around and be happy. :) Just enough room to fit my Golf clubs :)
10 years ago I remember looking at a Lear 60 and saying "I could retire in that" (I was flying a Lear 35 at the time)... Unfortunately, as you get older, have a family and greater financial needs, the smaller aircraft typically don't pay the bills as well as the larger aircraft... Sad fact of life...

I'm still looking for the $175,000/year, King Air 300 job in Iowa that flies 2-3 days a week (no weekends/holidays)... Now that, I could retire in!

Falcon Capt said:
I'm still looking for the $175,000/year, King Air 300 job in Iowa that flies 2-3 days a week (no weekends/holidays)... Now that, I could retire in!

Sorry man....haven't come across that job yet. I do know of one paying $200k flying a 350 out of TPA flying 5 days a month....but that wouldn't interest you.. :D

Latest resources

Back