Duty days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
91 Duty Times

For whatever it is worth, my former employer under a 135 certificate, who also works on some advisory board with the FAA to change or update regulations told us that there are going to be duty times for part 91. I don't know what they are going to be, but I would bet they will be similar to part 135. Of course with this, you have the inevitable question....How will the FAA enforce this change? I don't have the answer for that. I can say it is supposed to be in effect in late 2005 or early 2006. Hope this helps.

It isn't limited to just the big aircraft anymore

Our department is now running into these duty problems now as well, we just aren't doing them all in one shot. We are stretching duty days (unaugmented 17-18hrs duty) and flights in smaller aircraft and everyone is miserable. I would kill for some Part 91 limitations right about now.

Earl, back in the day we used to fly our BE200's to 14000 without any mods in the Army, but we had a letter saying we could. The MI used to fly them to 16000 with some tail strength mods and bigger engines... Maybe your boss found out about that...lol...Not that that will help you out any.

Quagmire (name fits your situation) why would your boss, that is the owner of the airplanes, allow this situtation? Did he not purchase an airplane not only for convience, but security and safety? Right now he is not getting 2 of 3 needs that need to be met. Is he aware that his safety is being compromised?

Why should an aircraft owner get even less than a simple charter customer. I would never dream of putting my boss in an unsafe condition ... but at the same time he does not ask. He knows if we are scheduled to go over a 14 hour day that I will bring in another pilot or possibly a full crew.

Good lucking getting out of this situation as the FAA will be of no help to you here.

Latest resources

Back