Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dumbest thing you've EVER done in an airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trying to pee in a bottle that is too small and when there were a few bumps. I should have just gone in my pants to begin with! It would have been easier seeing what my end result was!

say again said:
The dumbest- actaully getting in one!!!:beer: It set the stage for my two furloughs, $hitty pay, and an even beter quality of life!!!! Gotta love it!!!!

Hmmm...Like launchpad said, you beat me to it. Sort of.

I was going to say "Getting paid $8/hr to fly one". :)

...trusting ATL Center that he had "nothing on his scope for the next 100 miles" and flying into IMC when I *KNEW* there were imbedded boomers. (rookie mistake)

One lightning strike later, I still get a tingle in my hip when the weather changes.

relieved my bowls and then looked for the TP and there was none....

Taking a laxitive from my captain....

I am like how long does this take to work? He said...oh about three or four hours....

About 30 minutes later...I was proving him oh so very wrong:(

I don't think that most pilots know how many stupid things they've done in an airplane until they get more experience and realize how close they were to death at times. Maybe I just say that because I learned to fly at a very young age or maybe because my flight instructors never instilled good flight discipline in me.

For newer pilots--- Never lose your flight discipline, know your own limits, set your own minimums (never break them) and never let anyone pressure you into anything you don't feel comfortable doing. Did I mention FLIGHT DISCIPLINE.....???

dhc8fo said:
Mile high in a cherokee on a cross country.....dumb, but funnnnnnnnn :D

This brings a whole new meaning to the words "practicing safe sex!"

Last edited:
Mine might have been yesterday. Me and my CFI went dive bombing on a farmer on his tractor. Sneaked up from behind and went right over his head. Probably 50 feet. Probably gave the poor guy a heart attack. We were just practicing engine outs! ;)

Man you weren't nearly close enough to scare him. Most of those guys have been buzzed so many times by us that they don't even notice unless you get "real" close. Caught a friend of mine out one day and snuck up on him. Dove in over him at radio antenna height and covered him with smoke. Pulled up vertical and looked back through the turn windows to see that he was stopped after plowing up about 20 ft of cotton. Laughed all the way home.

I was 4000' at left 7 on a KAL 737 in Korea trying to get a valid heater tone. Not so much of a heat signature on a Boeing. Made EVERY call on Airedale (common UHF freq), and had one helluva pissed off DO waiting for me when I landed. Got a C/S outta that one that stuck forever. Good times....

Latest resources

Back