Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dumbest thing you've EVER done in an airplane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
FlynChick said:
"CLEAR PROP !!!!", I.P. looks at student, "um...you forgot to open the window"

That's pretty funny, but I'm guilty of far worse.

My instructor and I were practicing a little instrument work, and for the first time I got to wear the "foggles". He told me to make a turn to the left or something, and I swear, I turned my head to look for traffic with the foggles on!!! Real smooth.....

The dumbest- actaully getting in one!!!:beer: It set the stage for my two furloughs, $hitty pay, and an even beter quality of life!!!! Gotta love it!!!!

Last edited:
You mean dumb things like being a 21 y/o kid flying under power lines, down slot canyons, 5' off the ground chasing antelope, or flying so low over in-law's houses that you think you might have pulled off shingles dumb?

Mine might have been yesterday. Me and my CFI went dive bombing on a farmer on his tractor. Sneaked up from behind and went right over his head. Probably 50 feet. Probably gave the poor guy a heart attack. We were just practicing engine outs! ;)

Probably just some LOW-level flying! I had a buddy who did loops, in a 172, under class C airspace to "star" in a video!!!! :erm:

I was a student pilot, and I had forgotten or somehow never learned that CTAF at an uncontrolled field with an FSS on the field was always 123.6. I saw that UNICOM was 122.8, and so I figured that CTAF was the same. I took off on an intersecting runway, announcing all the while on 122.8, and nearly took out a Metroliner departing on the crossing runway (I was using the runway that the winds were favoring, they were using the longest available.) I was lucky that I didn't die or take out a bunch of innocent people with that stunt, and it took me a good 3 months to want to go near another airplane again. But I overcame my fears, finished up my Private, and progressed to where I am now. In a way, I'm glad that something like that happened to me--it's made me a lot more cautious and methodical throughout my flying career than I would have been otherwise.

But suffice to say, that was pretty dumb.

-Goose

P.S. Launchpad: I LOVE the avatar!

Latest resources

Back