• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dumb Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why is there a piece of rope attached to that cinderblock? And why is the other end of the rope attached securely to your :confused: ?

zeroline said:
why is there a piece of rope attached to that cinderblock? And why is the other end of the rope attached securely to your :confused: ?

It has to do with a little something called: Trust.

zeroline said:

I just feel that lakes and future lakers got burned because the government decieded to fund some @#$%@#$^@#$ start up that is risking airline security. The locals wanted the 19+ passenger airliners and the government gave them a half ass 9 seat operation

Go figure

Mooser
:eek:

I've been in a PC-12 with 9 seats, I've been in a 1900.....I'll take the first one! How much government support was there? 200k? Well, how much were those EAS contracts worth? I think that article mentioned Millions?

Hopefully this 9 seat thing will work out. It will make flying to small cities way more affordable. It will also allow the money for the EAS contracts to be put to better use. Some of the routes I can see, but I don't call Air Service Essential if you can drive to a major hub airport in less than 2 hours. Thats just me though.

PUflight said:
There are no dumb questions......just dumb answers.

I always thought it was "there are no dumb questions....just dumb people that ask questions"

No offense Sleddriver....I just think it's a funny quote.

lurker said:
I always thought it was "there are no dumb questions....just dumb people that ask questions"

No offense Sleddriver....I just think it's a funny quote.

None taken. But is anybody gonna answer my friggin' question??? :D

This is what a google search yielded for Atlas air. It seems to answer both your questions.

A “preferential bid system” shall mean a system of bidding and assigning a Crewmember’s monthly work assignments, including training, whereby the Crewmember indicates his preferences for his assignments for the month and a bid line is created for him as opposed to the Crewmember bidding from pre-constructed lines of time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back