Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
S

sunlitpath

The Feds have ruled that major airline pilots are dumb asses and need training on how to use a rudder for directional control while on the take-off roll (Continental, Denver). Someone must stop the madness at the major airlines. Give these guys some training for God's sake! Tell them to use some F'n hair gel too, their hair is simply ridiculous...

I looked through the accident docket for about an hour reading various things but I never found any data on how far the rudder was pressed, or when it was released etc...

I saw in the simulator scenarios that releasing the rudder for 2 seconds in that situation would have been unrecoverable. It was a good read.

Unfortunatley it's not only at the majors. I've flown with plenty of clowns who's rudder use is appalling, and aileron inputs non-existent.

No one died, so relax. The majors have not lost a hull since the AA in Nov near JFK. In the meantime, plenty of regionals have had numerous hull loses. From the 410 cowboys, to taking off on the wrong runway, to just straight-up damn stalling the airplane into the ground.

We all suck.

Turn all airliners into computer controlled UAVs.

No one died, so relax. The majors have not lost a hull since the AA in Nov near JFK. In the meantime, plenty of regionals have had numerous hull loses. From the 410 cowboys, to taking off on the wrong runway, to just straight-up damn stalling the airplane into the ground.

So...American running one into the seawall in Jamaica wasn't a hull loss?

It's not lost. They know exactly where it is.

By now, the locals have probably turned it into a Bed & Breakfast, or perhaps a tequila bar.

Latest resources

Back