• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dual Rated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The other issue is flighttime/dutytime. Anything you get paid for counts towards your flight time/duty time limits.

D'OH!!! I had a feeling I'd run into that sort of thing--for some reason I forgot about it. Makes sense though, and I'm pretty sure that job A wouldn't want me blowing all my valuable duty time on job B. Looks like I'll probably have to stick with part 91 for my part-time flying adventures. That's cool though, I'm really enjoying my 121 job at the moment.

Thanks for the input in any case. I guess I am dual rated in a way--airplane and glider. :)

-Goose

Last edited:
In a similar vein, is there any way to do some part-time helo work, with a full time FW job at an airline or something like that. I mean, I guess it's possible--anything is, right? But I guess what I'm wondering is there a market for part time helo work?

-Goose

There is a capt. at Skywest that does that. He lives in SLC and flies a 500 on his days off.

Personally, I'd rather fly the egg full time and an RJ part time :)

There is a capt. at Skywest that does that. He lives in SLC and flies a 500 on his days off.

Personally, I'd rather fly the egg full time and an RJ part time :)

That's pretty sweet :). Any idea of who he flies the 500 for? I'm SLC based too... it might be cool to talk to him. I'm picturing myself running heli-skiers on days off.. that'd be pretty fun! Perhaps I could 'sample the merchandise.' ;)

-Goose

Last edited:
Glad to see Silver State get bumped.... their CEO was a Snake Oil salesman..... slippery... bouyyyyyyyy....

Dual Rated here....

That's pretty sweet :). Any idea of who he flies the 500 for? I'm SLC based too... it might be cool to talk to him. I'm picturing myself running heli-skiers on days off.. that'd be pretty fun! Perhaps I could 'sample the merchandise.' ;)

-Goose

Don't remember, but he is pretty senior- gets lots of time off.

Dual Rated.....

.......So, sing out if you dual rated. I you are currently flying a fixed-wing, when was the last time you flew a rotorcraft?.......

I'm dual rated too...... Been flying F/W since 1969 and got my Comm Helo add-on in 1999. I much prefer flying helos, just way more fun..... and luckily, in any given week, I get to fly a little bit of King Air 200, some Cessna 210, and some Eurocopter AS350B2 A-Star...... but my favorite flying is the A-Star helicopter. And I'm also lucky because I am home almost every night (maybe 5 RON's a year). I do get shot at every now and then, but what the heck, I can shoot back if I really need to.

Latest resources

Back