• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dual Rated

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a WAG, but I'm betting you'll need 1000 and at least 200 turbine. Plus, for the Agusta they used to insist on the factory training. (Is Larry Graves still the CP for Agusta?)

AKAAB,
Honeywell is looking for dual rated pilots but they require 4000 hrs of FW time. Maybe a good job for you that pays a lot more than the airlines and you still get to fly helicopters (AW-139).

Sorry it was 2000 hours, here is the link.

Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com

The company is committed to providing quality products, integrated system solutions and services to customers around the world. Honeywell products touch the lives of most people everyday, whether you’re flying on a plane, driving a car, heating or cooling a home, furnishing an apartment, taking medication for an illness or playing a sport.

The incumbent will be assigned to co-pilot duties involving worldwide operations on company owned/operated aircraft. Duties will include all aspects of pre-flight preparation, in-flight operations and post-flight activities. Flight duties may also include testing or demonstrating company propulsion/avionics products.

In addition, the incumbent will be assigned administrative duties in the flight department commensurate with their skills.

A minimum of 2,000 flight hours in turbine powered aircraft over 12,500 pounds
A Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multiengine and instrument ratings
Bachelor's Degree
Other Qualifications:

A First Class medical Certificate
International flying experience
Successful completion of Flight Safety initial ground and simulator training on the appropriate aircraft.
Successful completion of flight training and release to line operations.
The ability to establish effective relationships with executives, customers, and fellow crew members.
The ability to qualify for an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with an appropriate aircraft.
The ability to qualify for the position of Captain within two years of the hire date.
Dual rated Fixed Wing and Rotary desired.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce

https://honeywell.taleo.net/servlet...&art_servlet_language=en&csNo=2&media_id=6784

AKAAB,
Honeywell is looking for dual rated pilots but they require 4000 hrs of FW time. Maybe a good job for you that pays a lot more than the airlines and you still get to fly helicopters (AW-139).

Thanks for the lead, but it's not for me. I left the vagaries of corporate flying so I could be home enough to watch my little kids grow up. I've got a nearly perfect schedule, a pretty solid paycheck, and seniority in the top 40 (out of 2000).

I'm going to have to get back in a helicopter on my own dime, I think.

Keep posting great leads like this, though. We have a lot of dual-rated brothers and sisters out there looking for a job like this.

This is a crazy business. I left the vagaries of airline flying for a corporate job! I am virtually home every night too vs. night after night in hotels with the airlines.

I limit my nights away from home to a max of 4 a month. Many months I don't do any layovers at all, but that is all because I got my foot in the door at the right time.

There are some fantastic flight departments out there, but I can't say I ever worked for one of them. Just ditching the pager and not being expected to be on call 24/7 (in case the bosses wife needed to rush to South Beach because she heard Marla Trump was out partying) made the move worth it! (For real...)

Heyas,

Dual rated here. Had a commerical/ME/CFI/CFII fixed wing when I started the heilo thing. A guy was trying to start a rotorwing-instrument program back in the day when the insurance companies were starting to push for them. He subsidized a chunk of my transition cost if I worked for him for a year.

I wound up with my ATP-Rotor/CFI-H/CFII-H and about 800 heilo, with most of that dual given. Back in the early 90's, it was a dead end, and the airlines offered a better top end, so I went back to FW.

I've dabbled bit in trying to get a corporate dual rated job, but they are very tough if you are a FW heavy guy. I certainly wouldn't cough up the $$ for RW if that's what you're thinking of doing, because you will be starting from scratch as far as employers are concerned.

Most dual rated jobs go to RW heavy guys that happen to have FW ratings, and generally not the other way around. Most "postings" for jobs like this are already filled, and the posting is only for legal purposes. But, as always in the corporate world, there is the chance of falling into something. I got a very decent CFI gig because I was dual rated, so you never know.

Nu

Last edited:
In a similar vein, is there any way to do some part-time helo work, with a full time FW job at an airline or something like that. I mean, I guess it's possible--anything is, right? But I guess what I'm wondering is there a market for part time helo work?

-Goose

In a similar vein, is there any way to do some part-time helo work, with a full time FW job at an airline or something like that. I mean, I guess it's possible--anything is, right? But I guess what I'm wondering is there a market for part time helo work?

-Goose

I would only imagine if you had the required heilo time. Most employers I've seen are pretty much unimpressed with any kind of FW time, and you need the same quals as a heilo only guy.

The other issue is flighttime/dutytime. Anything you get paid for counts towards your flight time/duty time limits.

Nu

Latest resources

Back