Dual rated jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
inthewind said:
Try RJCorman they are a railroad conpany in Kentucky with a 414?, two 206's, a LR55 and a Challenger. They want someone to fly the helos and to sit right seat in their jets. They have their own private airport in Nicolasville, KY and the nicest hangar that I have ever seen.

Its relatively easy to spot RJ Corman's planes on any ramp...they are BRIGHT RED! I've never seen the twin cessna, but the Lear and Challenger are in LEX quite a bit - I would presume when wx doesn't allow for them to drop in on his airport off the bypass in Nicholasville. Heard one or both of the Jessamine County HSs had their prom in RJ's hangar, and yes, it is quite plush (although the big concrete runway is a nasty scar in the countryside). I thought the helo was a 407, not a 206, but I haven't seen it in a couple years. Met a guy once who used to fly for him, said the pay and equipment was good but Corman was an @sshole. Never met the guy so I don't know how true this is.

I think AirLifeNet in LEX has a few 407s and a King Air 200, and evidently this isn't out of the ordinary in the med evac world. Good luck...

Pkwa

Or if you want to fly UH-1's and Metros try Airscan based out in the Kwajalein Atoll, Republic of the Marshall Islands. Berry Aviation does the Metro training for them and they fly the Metros under Berry's 135 certificate, but you'd have to talk directly to Airscan. They used to have Twin Otters, but all of those have been replaced with Metros.

I can't seem to find their website at the moment, but PM me if you're interested and I'll ask around and see what I can come up with.

http://www.smdc.army.mil/KWAJ/Hourglass/issues/03Issues/hourglass9_23_03.pdf
for some info

http://www.aviationhome.com/modules.php?name=Jobs&file=employer&op=viewcompany&id=xlot32http://www.aviationhome.com/modules.php?name=Jobs
was a job posting they had for dual rated pilots... just scroll down a ways to find the pilot position they posted.

Boiler up is right, sort of. RJ Corman has two 206's and one 407. I interviewed there in April but the next day the 135 outfit that I was at in Louisville offered to upgrade in the LR35 after five weeks at the company. I decided to stay and log the jet PIC time.

Fox6 said:
Just curious as to where they advertised their vacancy announcment.

SRP (Salt River Project, the Arizona power company) used to have a Jet Ranger, Twin Pack Huey, and a King Air 200. They liked dual rated pilots.

Been many years since then, but they probably still operate similar equipment.

They used the Huey as a power line repair ship. (Hover next to the line and dangle a guy out the door to do the repair) I think the Jet Ranger was used to inspect the lines and the King Air was for exec transport.

It was in April on PlaneJobs. But I went on their website www.rjcorman.com and searched around until I found the number for HR. They're a small family run railroad company so they are real easy to talk to.

One additional bennie, 100% 401k matching all of they way up to the max contribution.

I don't know if they're still hiring but it can't hurt for them to have your resume' on file. They called me for an interview in less than a day after I emailed it to them.

Latest resources

Back