• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dry sinuses make you crazy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Drink lots of water! Not sodas or coffee. One of the first things I do when getting on the aircraft is to get 3 of the big bottles of water that are stocked on the aircraft and give one to each crewmember. The most important thing to do is to keep as hydrated as possible. One of the first signs of getting dehydrated is getting tired. Slug down a bunch of water.

I know that it is difficult on the long haul flights not to start drinking lots of cokes and coffee. I would just keep it to a minimum. Just make sure to drink more water than any of the other beverages which are diuretics (sp?). Since your on an aircraft that has a head you can drink as much as you can.

Another idea that is possibly simpler than a lot of other suggestions is to just carry a washcloth in a ziplock bag. Wet it down with water and place it over your nose and inhale. That should humidify you nostrils somewhat.

Good Luck To Us All!

That's funny. For a second I thought you said, "no coffee".

No coffee?

Surely, you jest.

Hats off to you for passing out water. You're my favorite kind of crew member.

Cheers. :)

... Drink lots of water! Not sodas or coffee. ...

Mom, would you please stop following me around. It's kind of embarrassing. Seriously, I'm sorry we bought you the broadband for your birthday. Also, I'm having your cellphone turned off.

Latest resources

Back