Drunk and Cheating on wives in video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

FoxNews has video showing the two America West pilots in the bar with one smooching on a girl who is not his wife. OOOPS bet his wife will not be exactly thrilled with that footage.

RT

Wake up that was just a standard pilot layover, they just got a little carried away with the time. I said earlier on this board that there were females involved, that is the only thing that will keep a pilot at the bar too long and cause them to have more than the standard beer or two.

The only thing that I can say is that those morons don't have much to prove that they are innocent. They have the video, the bar receipt, the hotel knows when their key cards were used. They screwed up more than they understand.

yes, but arent they essentially required to plead innocent in order to keep from the "full weight of the law". or is that only done in a case where the PA doesnt have a solidified case and is more willing to deal on the subject of punishment???

im basing this off the whole schpiel that happened with the captured terrorist (the american) that tried to plead guilty, and the court got him to change his mind.

Originally posted by wingnutt
yes, but arent they essentially required to plead innocent in order to keep from the "full weight of the law". or is that only done in a case where the PA doesnt have a solidified case and is more willing to deal on the subject of punishment???

im basing this off the whole schpiel that happened with the captured terrorist (the american) that tried to plead guilty, and the court got him to change his mind.

LOL! hey swimmer...

next time you go thru SHV, please log out so i wont be posting under your name when i click into the board...lol, sorry man :)

**They have the video, **

The video may help show what time the last drink was drunk. Meaning maybe they didn't bust their companys 12hr rule. I have'nt seen it so I would'nt know, just a thought.

**the bar receipt**

The bar receipt only shows how much was purchased and what time the bill was paid. It does not prove the alcohol content of either of them.

**the hotel knows when their key cards were used. **

Unless they have a new rule I don't know about, the time a person enters their hotel room on an overnight is irrelevant(sp).

We just have to wait and see what happens. Remember breathalizer tests have been beatin before. I don't condone(sp) flying while under the influence, but I don't think some of you should be getting all high and mighty on these guys either.

They are friggin fried

Well just look at the minimum the evidence, they did blow positive, one guy admitted to drinking a lot, the video probably shows them having a drink in violation of their window. But the biggest thing is that judge is pissed off and he seems like a hanging type of judge. I do not buy that theory that authorities were tipped by a screener, it could have even been one of those sweet bar flys.

Remember you "Sell Cardboard to packing plants" is part of the stealth mode you should assume even if you are within the window, because metabolisms and the amount you drink could still put you in danger of blowing a positive. Lets hope this is the last time anyone does this...for their sake. Time to find those real dives that cannot afford security cameras and only accept cash...but then you assume a new set of risks, ha!

The Video

IIRC the video shows the pilots drinking and then leaving the bar around 3am. Show time the next morning was 8am and the plane was scheduled to take off for Phoenix just after 10. These guys both blew over the legal limit for DWI (not just over the FAA limit, which is lower) sometime after 10am.

Cameras in hotel bars

For all the pilots out there, just a little FYI (as well as other hotel go-ers)

I am sure you all know that there are cameras *everywhere (that is legal of course) I used to work the switchboard at a hotel, and there is not much that you can hide from the cameras. The bar was one that they kept a close watch on for questionable activity (also the Director of Food and beverage liked to veg there all night watching the tube). I can honestly say that I really did not need a book or tv to keep me entertained during the slow times because the things that people did on those cameras were entertaining enough.

*My favorite was watching the kids play/roughhouse on the equipment in the fitness center I would call the telephone to ask them to stop....they always stop, and look around and try to figure out how I knew. Its probably the closest I will ever get to playing god ;0) (the voice from nowhere)

Ali

debate

There is little debate on this one.

Yes, they have a video that is not time stamped. On the other hand, it goes so long they would have to be there for like 6 hours.
Yes they have receipt detailing purchases and time.
Yes they have room entry information
Yes they have a bunch of people who saw them there til after they paid the bill
Yes these guys have already been through alcohol center out west I assume to show judge they are well intentioned.
They were drunk. As the song from JB goes.

There's a woman to blame.

Latest resources

Back