• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: debate

publisher said:

There's a woman to blame.

Saying there is a woman to blame is trying to blame the brick wall for your head hurting after you smash into it. They chose to drink. They chose to drink alot. They chose to drink within the twelve hour rule. They chose to show up for their flight sloshed.

Please tell me how a woman is to blame??

Ali

Re: Re: debate

alimaui said:

Saying there is a woman to blame is trying to blame the brick wall for your head hurting after you smash into it. They chose to drink. They chose to drink alot. They chose to drink within the twelve hour rule. They chose to show up for their flight sloshed.

Please tell me how a woman is to blame??

Ali

Well sometimes it takes a fair amount of alcohol to be able to sit there and listen to a woman without going crazy. We can only take so much of hearing about shopping, hearing her call any girl with bigger boobs, a "slut", boy bands, her next outfit, and her latest crisis she has gotten herself into.

Re: Re: Re: debate

414Flyer said:

Well sometimes it takes a fair amount of alcohol to be able to sit there and listen to a woman without going crazy. We can only take so much of hearing about shopping, hearing her call any girl with bigger boobs, a "slut", boy bands, her next outfit, and her latest crisis she has gotten herself into.

Yowsahs. I stand corrected then. If all these poor persecuted pilots were doing was trying to console this poor shop-a-holic, boob envying, boy-band obsessed clothes horse with nothing to do but wallow in her problems, then they certainly deserve the medal of honor instead of an AA meeting.

I suppose if they were that intent on listening to her despite the consequences they deserve whatever they get. Somehow I doubt that this was their mission on the night in question.

Ali
free time at work can lead to more problems than it is worth! ;0)

Re: Re: Re: Re: debate

alimaui said:

I suppose if they were that intent on listening to her despite the consequences they deserve whatever they get. Somehow I doubt that this was their mission on the night in question.

Ali
free time at work can lead to more problems than it is worth! ;0)

Of course we are always listening intently to a woman rant, opps I mean vent, about what is going on in her life :)

And if we are saying "yeah....uhuh......really.....hmmm" while staring off into space, its because are are really intently listening and sincerely interested... (grin)

To think that we would ever feign interest in what a woman in saying :)

I forgot who said it...but Welcome back Reality!! You have been missed.

<with the utmost of humor> So tell me, does the spilling of one's problems lead to the listener wanting to drink more or the one with the problems? I see do se a win-lose/lose-win situation here, but I am not quite sure hwo is winning and who is losing ;0)

Ali
PS. I am glad to see the smileys because I thought you were actually serious in your first post.

Last edited:
Well, seeing how Publisher hasn't responded since the whole "woman to blame" comment, maybe I should throw in a couple cents. I couldn't help but think that he was talking about the Jimmy Buffet song (Margaritaville)-maybe not, but I think that might have been a humorous conclusion to a post. If I'm wrong, sorry publisher.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE WOMEN!

Ok, it's not a long reply. Just read it.
Women = Plural
Woman = Singular
when using "a" in reference to a subject, that would make it singular. Therefore, I wouldn't advise trashing someone else's comment, especially on how it's spoken, when you can't actually "speak" your insult like a civilized person. Aren't pilots supposed to have degrees? From a college?

:D

btw-don't freak, man,
i'm just having fun...

In the course of human events, there comes time to post a letter reminding us all of our past...

Sir,

In your icy, indeed hostile, telephone call of yesterday, you requested a report about the alleged proceedings involving my crew at the Qantas 75th Birthday celebration at the overnight port. As the reports from the local authorities and the head of the Australian legation were undoubtedly a complete fabrication, I take the opportunity to put the truth of the matter on file.

Qantas management's kind offer to "buy a round of drinks" was taken on board by the crew who decided to upgrade the event to its correct status, so appropriate quantities of libation and food were purchased, with festivities being held in my hotel suite.

An enjoyable evening ensued but insufficient supplies had been obtained, so several members of the crew left for further purchases at a local bar. In a truly magnanimous gesture, ten bar girls from that establishment helped carry the beer back to the hotel. To demonstrate our appreciation of their assistance, we served them some cool drink. They then offered to show us some local culture, and, in order not to offend, we allowed them to dance some exotic dances.

The banging on the walls of my room had, by now, quite honestly, become invasive, and it was disturbing the dancers, so we arranged an amusing little deterrent. Second Officer Brown's impersonation of the Police Officer was excellent! In full Qantas uniform, with an aluminium rubbish bin upside down on his head, he goose-stepped to each room and harangued the occupants with a very witty diatribe about disturbing hotel guests. I personally heard nothing of his alleged threats of life in Alcatraz or the Gulags, claimed by the sister of the Minister of Police whose room was, unluckily, next door.

I have no doubt that this woman was the sneak who called security and hotel management and I absolutely refute that the shout "Look out, here come the Indians! Circle the wagons!" was made. The simple coincidence of security arriving just as we stood the double bed on its side across the door to make the dance floor bigger is obvious.

The major damage to the room occurred when a group of gate crashers, whom we could not know were hotel security, forced their way in just as most of us happened to be leaning against the bed watching the dancing.

The subsequent events in the foyer of the hotel are an equally vicious distortion of the facts. I was explaining the importance of the 75th Birthday to the General Manager of the hotel and noting that other guests were fabricating stories of noise, drinking and singing at the celebration, when First Officer Smith (ex-SAS) and several other keep-fit enthusiasts, in keeping with their almost monastic pursuit of health, organised the race up the drapes which hang along the foyer wall. It says nothing for the workmanship of some of these nations that the fittings were torn from the wall before most of the crew were even halfway up.

At this stage, in an amazing display of international posturing, the Governor of the city, who was attending the National Day cocktail party in the foyer, cast some denigrating remarks about Australian culture. Although he misunderstood our gestures of greeting, Female Flight Attendant Williams rescued the situation with her depth of knowledge of local culture.

Her rendition of the Fertility Dancing Maiden in the foyer's 'Pool of Remembrance' was nothing short of breathtaking. Normally this dance is performed wearing just a sarong skirt so FA Williams' extra step to nature was a bold step forward.

Unfortunately, during one intricate step, FFA Williams slipped and fell beneath the fountain, so we were lucky that S/0 Brown, who had the great presence of mind to strip to avoid getting his uniform wet, leapt in to help. That the tiles of the pool were slippery is beyond dispute, as it took nearly ten minutes of threshing about before S/O Brown could actually complete his rescue. Such concern was there for these two exemplary crew member's safety, that the rest of the crew were forced to assist, and I deny that this massed altruistic rescue attempt could be construed as a 'Water Polo' game!

This slanderous accusation was first put to me by the Chief of the Riot Squad, whose storm troopers had apparently been called by some over zealous Fascists at the cocktail party.

Order had nearly been restored when the fire started.

I prefer F/O Smith's version of events that the drapes had caught fire from being against a light fitting, and that he dropped his cigarette lighter whilst trying to escape the flames. Had host management fulfilled their responsibilities and used fire retardant material instead of velvet, the fire would not have spread to the rest of the hotel.

The responsible attitude shown by my crew in assisting the bar staff to carry out drinks from the cocktail party is to be commended, not condemned, and the attempt by male members of the crew to extinguish pockets of fire using natural means has been totally misrepresented in some quarters. I cannot overstate how strongly I resent the assertions made in the Chief Fire Officer's Report.

I made an official protest about these matters when the head of the Australian Legation visited us at the Police Station the next morning. However, not only did Ambassador Jones not attempt to refute the preposterous allegations made against me and my crew, but also by failing to secure our release immediately, caused the subsequent aircraft delay.

I did not know Her Majesty was to be aboard our aircraft, but I am sure that her twelve hour visit to that country was appreciated by local dignitaries and probably HRH herself. (I must mention that the local manager is far too obsequious - Smarmy! Smarmy! You should have seen him bowing and scraping. Never make a Prime Minister, that chap!)

Finally, I note that not since 'Rainman' has Qantas been mentioned in so many newspapers. (Some people in Qantas would die for coverage like that.) The main newspaper at the slip port coincidentally mentioned Qantas 75 times on its front page alone, although some of the coupled epithets can only be described as the worst journalistic excesses of the gutter press.

I trust that now I have outlined the correct version of events, we may allow ourselves a discreet smile as to the lack of social sophistication of some of these developing nations and put all this behind us. As far as I am concerned, the crew carried on the finest Qantas traditions.

Regards,

Captain......

P.S. I checked amongst the language qualified members of the crew, but no one was up to speed on Latin. Can you recommend anyone in the International Department who could translate 'Persona Non Grata'?

Uhhmmm...did they break a law?

My question is :
Where they going to break a law or did they almost break a law?

The law is against operation of aircraft or is it against being scheduled to operate aircraft?

When they start putting people in jail for things they might do I will have to go first.

Latest resources

Back