• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drum Beats Getting Louder...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We haven't had true "free-market" here in the US since the 1800's. That's why things have been gradually getting worse here.

This.

back on task-- for those who think $$$ does not equate to safer, more rested pilots-- i disagree. We are based in the most expensive cities in america. We either have to fly our ass off to make enough to live- or commute. both lead to a lack of sleep. It's not the only factor-- but the more you make- the more time off you can afford to give yourself.

FIRST YEAR PAY AT EVERY LEVEL NEEDS TO GO AWAY. IT WILL GIVE US ALL A LOT MORE LEVERAGE AND CONFIDENCE IN OUR UNION ACTIONS IF WE KNEW THE NEXT JOB WOULD NOT BE AT POVERTY WAGES.

back on task-- for those who think $$$ does not equate to safer, more rested pilots-- i disagree. We are based in the most expensive cities in america. We either have to fly our ass off to make enough to live- or commute. both lead to a lack of sleep. It's not the only factor-- but the more you make- the more time off you can afford to give yourself.

FIRST YEAR PAY AT EVERY LEVEL NEEDS TO GO AWAY. IT WILL GIVE US ALL A LOT MORE LEVERAGE AND CONFIDENCE IN OUR UNION ACTIONS IF WE KNEW THE NEXT JOB WOULD NOT BE AT POVERTY WAGES.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunatly I am not optomistic it will ever happen. If it does they will take it from the senior end, the employees will be screwed either way.

I couldn't agree more, unfortunatly I am not optomistic it will ever happen. If it does they will take it from the senior end, the employees will be screwed either way.

Yep, because as they see it, any substantial pay increase will come directly from their pockets. "I had to do it, so to shall you. After all, it's only a couple of years."

As you so "eloquently" put it, not EVERYONE should be flying when they take a trip.

The American Public has come to regard their access to cheap tickets and the ability to fly instead of drive as a RIGHT, instead of a PRIVILEGE that comes from being able to AFFORD said ticket, just as you can afford said private plane.

Should EVERYONE be able to have their own private plane, regardless of what it costs? Should FBO's be required to cut their fuel prices by 50, 60, even 70%? Mechanics cut their labor by the same amount? Just so EVERYONE can be a private aircraft owner? NO, you say? Ooohhh, it's for people who can AFFORD it. Just like airline travel, it sounds like...

Your sarcasm is lost on the myriad of professional pilots here who understand the game and know that, eventually, there WILL be a market correction. Whether it comes during our professional careers or not, the current market pricing of tickets to where even the minimum wage earner can afford to fly coast-to-coast instead of taking Greyhound is NOT sustainable, and WILL correct itself.

The question is, will it be an overall economic implosion at the same time, or simply FULL government regulation or FULL government ABANDONMENT of assistance to the airline world, leaving it to TRUE free market economics, regardless of the impact to the flying public...?

Time will tell. In the meantime, good luck to you.

^
|
|
|
|
|
Agreed!

Well said.

then you are part of the problem and should quit. If you aren't optomistic and truly believe you're making the most you'll ever make- please PLEASE do us ALL a favor and QUIT. i'm tired of the non-believers who truly feel they are just 'along for the ride' and have no control over their destiny. Get in the game and work to make changes- or leave.

Me- i didn't become a pilot by letting others or 'the system' dictate terms to me. i'd have never guessed there would be so many weak people who'd still be capable of flying planes.

then you are part of the problem and should quit. If you aren't optomistic and truly believe you're making the most you'll ever make- please PLEASE do us ALL a favor and QUIT. i'm tired of the non-believers who truly feel they are just 'along for the ride' and have no control over their destiny. Get in the game and work to make changes- or leave.

Me- i didn't become a pilot by letting others or 'the system' dictate terms to me. i'd have never guessed there would be so many weak people who'd still be capable of flying planes.

Cool, an answer man! I'm in - what can I do to make it happen? I'm motivated as I have a vested interest here! Start by telling us what you have done so we can duplicate the efforts.

Also, what 'terms' did you stick to the man. I want to stick'em to him too!

Im pumped!!! I see the light!!

it's not hard cool cat-- vote and get informed with your union-- don't vote your own short term self interest. Vote long term what's best for everyone.

We haven't had true "free-market" here in the US since the 1800's. That's why things have been gradually getting worse here.

Am I to understand that you would have rather lived in 1800 america than 2008 america. I'm guessing you didn't think that all the way through.

Latest resources

Back