• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dr. Vlahos retiring !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are many Delta guys still flying thanks to Dr. Swithin Chandler in SLC. His office is a who's who of guys that fly in from all over the world to get their "medical" from him.

I hate to break it to you, but every and I mean EVERY civilian flight doc I've been to has been that way. The class I is a joke. My military flight surgeon's a LOT more rigorous.

This is sad news indeed- rats. I am seeing him next week and will wish him well... A-hunting we will go. How booked up is that BWI guy?

I hate to break it to you, but every and I mean EVERY civilian flight doc I've been to has been that way. The class I is a joke. My military flight surgeon's a LOT more rigorous.
What kind of idiot advocates a more rigorous FAA Class I physical? Besides what you obviously fail to understand is that the FAA physical depends on the applicant’s honesty. Failure to state recent past medical history is grounds for revocation of all certificates. Only a fool would try to hide a medical condition, the result is that the FAA physicals do reveal problems if they exist. Therefore it is not necessary for a more rigorous on site exam as you seem to advocate. Such an exam as you suggest will only ground healthy pilots until they are able to prove otherwise, by spending $100K or so.

BTW: Don't think you'll be returning to airline work, do you?

Try Dr. Nadler near EWR.

Also, if you do have a problem he is good at working with the FAA to get it resolved quickly.

Latest resources

Back