Dr. Vlahos retiring !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

murano

For those of you in the Virginia/DC/Maryland area that use Dr Vlahos for your medical ... unfortunately he is retiring in January. :crying:

Anyone else in the area found another doc yet that uses similar practices and procedures (if you know what I mean)?

You mean a doctor who really doesn't give you and exam...kind of just goes through the motions and wouldn't care one way or another if you were safe to fly, just as long as he gets his money? The typical FAA physical....seriously, these things are a joke.

I'm sure that you won't have trouble finding one...once OBAMAS socialized medicine is enacted, plenty of docs will be looking for an extra buck.

If you want a straightforward physcial from a Dr. who follows the rules and IS a pilot advocate, try Anil Chopra, MD. He is used by a fair number of SWA pilots in BWI.

He is in Glen Burnie MD. The office is a bit of a dump, but the support staff is professional and supportive.

You can find his phone number and directions using Google and MapQuest.

If anyone has troubles finding the information I will post it when I return home.

Last edited:
You mean a doctor who really doesn't give you and exam...kind of just goes through the motions and wouldn't care one way or another if you were safe to fly

Sounds like "cough and go" Cunnick. When I was at Comair in the '80's a lot of us used to go to him. His "office" was at Batavia airport east of CVG. I think he has passed away since then.

Latest resources

Back