• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Doug Steenland (CEO NWA) on CNBC---video Clip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just remember you guys are near the finish line and you will all make out better than most people out there (i.e., UAL, CAL, F9, Sun Country, ATA, etc.)... It's all relative. You expected and got some turbulence along the way but now things are nearly finalized and soon you can focus on making the combined Delta a force to be reckoned with as a unified group. No agreement is ever perfect.

Last edited:
Just remember you guys are near the finish line and you will all make out better than most people out there (i.e., UAL, CAL, F9, Sun Country, ATA, etc.)... It's all relative. You expected and got some turbulence along the way but now things are nearly finalized and soon you can focus on making the combined Delta a force to be reckoned with as a unified group. No agreement is ever perfect.

Excellent post.

:beer:

I LOVE all of you guys, and can't wait to buy you hosers a bunch of Moose Drool bear in Bozeman! Can one of you teach me how to fly an A319 in the left seat? Occam?

(I keed, I keed)

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are right, there were no insults on this thread. That's what was "refreshing." Look at the other threads and you will see what I mean.

Thanks dude. I appreciate your positive posts as well. I wasn't really referring to the thread or GL's post but it was pretty obvious where it was headed after reading as much as I could stand of the other threads.

I realize there's a lot of stress over this whole process but I'd hate to see us start to make this into a crappy place to work. The info can be interesting but there's no need to downgrade each other. Mud-slinging over things that are completely out of our control seems to serve no purpose at this point except to poison the water.

I LOVE all of you guys, and can't wait to buy you hosers a bunch of Moose Drool bear in Bozeman! Can one of you teach me how to fly an A319 in the left seat? Occam?

(I keed, I keed)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Gongrats, NWA alums-This toolbag will soon be one of your most favorite F.O.s.

-Just keep that gear-handle operating properly, Gen.... Everything else has a way of working itself out-despite your complete incompetence.

Gen

I don't like Moose Drool bear or any other kind of bear for that matter... I definitely would enjoy some Moose Drool beer on tap and some peanuts on the shell at Moose's in FCA...

Later

Check out the end (around 4:20) when he talks about getting rid of older planes faster. Are the arbitrators going to see this???

Click here: Video - CNBC.com

Make sure the NWA attorney who said the DC9s would last forever at the SLI hearing gets a look at this.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SS-
If you listen he was talking about the industry as a whole. I sure hope all those old 767s don't get parked too quick! If not, DAL only brings 10 wide bodies to the table--that is excluding your flight attendants.

Schwanker

Gongrats, NWA alums-This toolbag will soon be one of your most favorite F.O.s.

-Just keep that gear-handle operating properly, Gen.... Everything else has a way of working itself out-despite your complete incompetence.

With relative seniority or relative position, I will do really well. Really.

Bye Bye--General Lee

SS-
If you listen he was talking about the industry as a whole. I sure hope all those old 767s don't get parked too quick! If not, DAL only brings 10 wide bodies to the table--that is excluding your flight attendants.

Schwanker

You mean our old 767-400s? Oh yeah. Well, we sure as heck know they are NOT "super duper smell my pooper" premiun widebody flying...... And the old 767s (the 767-200s) were parked when all of our senior guys left with their pension. (along with the MD11s) But, you knew that......

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back