• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't get too excited about that 787 sim yet guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a current 75/76 pilot and was just in Seattle, where I viewed the 787 sim. These aircraft are nothing alike. The 787 has the over head panel of the Emb-170-195 models. The forward panel is all glass except for three things, the gear handle (like a CRJ or EMB-145), the auto brakes (like the 75/76) and the standby attitude indicator. The radios are 7" screen with buttons outlining and one turn knob. It has 2 IRS and 1 old style CDU. The sim has the EFB and a 5"-7" tv screen for the cabin/nose wheel cameras (this is located in the same place as the A340-600 models. The throttle quadrant is just like the EMB -145. Hope this helps

I did my 75/76 training in Seattle and sat in the 787 sim while on a break. I can vouch for everything that PFTEXPJET said. Looks nothing like a 777. However neither does a 75/76 and a 767-400 and CAL somehow got us to be qualified on both of those together.

FIN, You must of been having a dream as this airplane does not look like or use any 757/767 parts much less technology. Are you sure you were not smoking something that day?

Last edited:
I did my 75/76 training in Seattle and sat in the 787 sim while on a break. I can vouch for everything that PFTEXPJET said. Looks nothing like a 777. However neither does a 75/76 and a 767-400 and CAL somehow got us to be qualified on both of those together.

The likeyhood of you ever having sat in that sim is 10,000 to one!

It is my understanding that CAL is setting their 787's up for a 777 config so they can be operated under a joint type. I could be wrong, but that is what I have been told by colleagues over there.

FIN, You must of been having a dream as this airplane does not look like or use any 757/767 parts much less technology. Are you sure you were not smoking something that day?

To me at least the thrust lever area looks similar, otherwise, not so much.

Image:787-flight-deck.jpg

757-005.JPG

Have not flown either though, so maybe I am just being naive.

It is my understanding that CAL is setting their 787's up for a 777 config so they can be operated under a joint type. I could be wrong, but that is what I have been told by colleagues over there.

It's Boeing's intention to certify the airplane as a common type rating with the 777. Having said that is the FAA's AEG office that will make that determination....not CAL. If it happens it will be an NAA world wide certification.

Well S2, I sat in the sim and so did 4 other people for about 40 minutes. The personal that allowed us to do it only asked that we don't take any pictures. Also, I personally know 1 of the 3 POI on the project and the FSDO in Seattle has already denied the common type between the 777 and 787. Boeing I think has appealed to Washington. The plane looks cool but the Seattle FAA wants boeing to explain how much and what effect burning composite matterals will have on pax.

Latest resources

Back